• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting ready for a new start

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

Next month will mark our 1 year of TTC. A year of careful timing, temping, OPKs, disappointments, miscarriages, a crap ton of pills/supplements, and a lot of heartache. Talked to my new OB today and found out that I have a leutal deficiency, meaning that my leutal phase isn't as long as it should be nor do I produce enough progesterone or hcg. This cycle is our second "out" cycle, the one where we patiently wait to try again. Next cycle, I will be starting Clomid (or a generic actually) on day 3 of any blood (spotting or actual flow) and 10dpo I will be getting a blood test to determine if I'm pregnant or not. If I am indeed pregnant, I will be immediately started on progesterone and we will go from there. If not, then we will be repeating the process. DH and I agreed (currently) that we will only be TTC for another year (bash away) due to emotional reasons and if we do not have any success and achieve a viable pregnancy that results in a live birth within the next year then we will look more into fostering and/or adoption. I got our vitamins checked/approved by the ob as well as my weight (I'm overweight for my age/height but I was an athelete for years and have a lot of muscle). I went over a long list of questions and concerns and other than my leutal deficiency I'm perfectly healthy and with a little help we should be able to have a family. I like my new OB (he's my first OB) and he lets me have some choice in my treatment options (ie clomid to help boost my fair/adequate egg production and progesterone or just progesterone and hope that we catch the egg).

Angel Babies: Dec 2013 named Robin Lee (gender unknown)  and May 2014 named Skyler Cherokee (gender unknown), Fur babies: Onyx (cat), Tigger (cat), Clara (dog)

Love is Friendship caught on Fire
wedding tickers

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Sounds like a good plan! Good luck!
Khooks
by Jessica on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM
I think you should start the progesterone after ovulation, but that's just me. Good luck!!!
shadowspirit07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That is what I thought too. Doc said that he doesn't want to do that right now because it may prolong my leutal phase unnecessarily since I just have a deficiency rather than not having it all together. I think it's going to be trial and error for a good few cycles for us to get things worked out for my specifics.

Quoting Khooks: I think you should start the progesterone after ovulation, but that's just me. Good luck!!!

shadowspirit07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Got my generic clomid prescription today. This is one of the few times I'm looking forward to AF (~7 days away, assuming that my body will return to the normal 30 day cycle as it has before). I start clomid on CD 3 of the next cycle after a hpt to make sure I'm not pregnant (unlikely chance, we are preventing with condoms but still possible).

MrsCissel2011
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:22 PM

It sounds like a good plan, but as someone who has done the whole time frame plan, it puts way more pressure and stress on TTC. My advice would be not to give it a time frame, but to see how things go. Goodluck and lots of baby dust! My DH and I have been TTC for 3 1/2 years with no luck, no pregnancies, what so ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)