Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bfp then bfn?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM
  • 10 Replies
Bfp then bfn but no bleeding? I am on cd 49. My cycle usually lasts about 35-37 days.
I went to the dr for a rash on my arms and legs. My period was ten days late. they tested me there with a urine test and got a bfp.
I went home and got a bfn. Maybe a line but could tell if it was a evap line or a faint positive. Next day the same thing. Day after that same thing. They were blue dye test and that all had some type of skinny blue line on them. Is it possible to get 5 blue evap lines? Or were they bfp?

So here I am now. With my period being 19 days late. Still not getting another positive. No period. No bleeding at all. I have a decreased appetite. And tiny cramps here and there. I got blood work done today so now I have to wait to figure out what's going on. 

Anyone have this happen before?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennasMom2
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Well, I would say based on that it sounds like you're pregnant. Which tests are you using? I've never used the blue line tests before. I would go buy a digital test and see what results you get with that. I had good experiences with clear blue easy digitals. I would say at this point it doesn't even need to be first morning urine either, your levels should be high enough at CD49 to get an accurate reading. Keep us posted!! 

littlemammabear
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:11 PM
One was ept. I used a pack of clear blue. And I used a pack of cvs tests. I had blood drawn today hopefully I will get good results. They did a urine test again today before the blood test it was neg. So idk whether to lean more to bfp or bfn :(
JennasMom2
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Oh boo! it might be a very early m/c then :( If that was the case your levels would drop and you wouldn't get a positive esp if they tested with a sensitive test the first time and you weren't getting a clear positive with a higher test. I hope they are able to give you good news with the blood test, that's way more accurate!  

Quoting littlemammabear: One was ept. I used a pack of clear blue. And I used a pack of cvs tests. I had blood drawn today hopefully I will get good results. They did a urine test again today before the blood test it was neg. So idk whether to lean more to bfp or bfn :(

littlemammabear
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM
If it were a MC then when would I start bleeding?
AustinsMommy007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Try with a pink dye test but it sounds to me like your pregnant
littlemammabear
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:26 PM
I did today but it was negative as far as I could see
Arjpc
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Try an EPT or digi. Good luck!
Khooks
by Jessica on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Can sometimes take weeks for the body to realize there is no fetus, or at all that's why some people have to get a d&c, hope that's not the case though! Maybe the doctors office first test was wrong?

Quoting littlemammabear: If it were a MC then when would I start bleeding?
cjsmom375
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Post pics of the tests maybe try to take them apart sometimes the line is easier to see when the test is taken apart
MrsCissel2011
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Don't ever take the test apart. .. it causes them to evap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)