Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else feel this way?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

*Vent start*

We have been ttc for just over 6 months now, Ik a lot of you have been trying longer, but for the last couple months a lot of people have announced they were expecting. I would be excited for them but all of them are either A) teenagers at the resturant DH helps manage or B) not ready or really wanting kids atm until they found out they were expecting. DH was talking just last night a server announced she was expecting and didnt know who the father was and at my work one of my coworkers is pregnant and she is not ready for kids and isnt sure she wanted this. Anyways anyone else here feel everyone who shouldnt or doesnt want to be pregnant are the ones getting that BFP instead of us?? I want to be happy for them but inside I cry because I wish it was me.

*Vent over*

PS This is not directed toward you ladies who have gotten your BFP, total congrats to you!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bem8489
by Brandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel. Going on almost a year and nothing. Found out the other day I dont ovulate. All the women in my family are fertile as can be. They just have to look at a man and they get pregnant (not really but you know what i mean) I have a list a page long of friends who are pregnant or just had their babies. 

Kaylahk
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:03 PM

It really does suck because you are truely happy for them but like for me when my coworker, who is also a good friend, tells me she feels this or that I remember how wonderful it felt when it happened to me with DS and I get that little flame of jealousy which I feel so guilty for having. Its just so stinking hard!

Quoting bem8489:

I know how you feel. Going on almost a year and nothing. Found out the other day I dont ovulate. All the women in my family are fertile as can be. They just have to look at a man and they get pregnant (not really but you know what i mean) I have a list a page long of friends who are pregnant or just had their babies. 

lillybug222
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:05 PM
I understand it's frustrating. One thing I've always tried to keep in mind -- if I were to have gotten pregnant any month other than when I did, I wouldn't have the same kids! I can't imagine life without my three & know it's all in God's timing. Hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukity
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM

LOL. totally yes, I even feel guilty for been jealous of my cousin, she is 25, and she has 5 kids, when she announced the last one, I was ttc as well, and it killed me, and is not that she has the JOB or the INCOME neither her husband,  and another one was a teacher at my DD school, she is like 38 or 39 and according to her she was not TTC, her older child is 14 and she was done with kids and boom.. she got ther BFP.. but yes, I totally hear you.

Kaylahk
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I am really trying to remind myself of that. I remember just a couple months ago I was extremily upset we were not getting pregnant but looking back now I am glad because all last month my health took a weird turn for the worst. I am so grateful that happened and I was not pregnant and trying to deal with both. I know the month I get my BFP is the right month for us! Thank you for the reminder :)

Quoting lillybug222: I understand it's frustrating. One thing I've always tried to keep in mind -- if I were to have gotten pregnant any month other than when I did, I wouldn't have the same kids! I can't imagine life without my three & know it's all in God's timing. Hang in there!

toopicky429
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Hugs! I try not to focus on those people, and that helps me stay sane. In the 4.5 years we have been trying for #3, my 23 niece has had 2 children, and several people I know have had 2-3 children during this time. Good luck and tons of baby dust!

baby dust

Pegram88
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I completly understand my cousin is due next week and she doesnt want this baby and then my best friend just told me she is pregnant. She is an amazing mother to her first daughter but still it hurts that she is on her second child and I have just went through a miscarriage and dont even have one. I want to be happy for them but at the same I dont understand why them and not me.

Khooks
by Jessica on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I am with you! When you have been trying for as long as we all have it is impossible not to come across those types regularly. I'm only 24 so on my Facebook people from high school are having babies all over the place, many from nights out drinking, it's definitely hard. The worst to me is when people throw around the gods timing ect., to me there is an element of science. When you have a health problem it effects fertility or what ever you are battling just like cancer or diabetes and at the same time if you are some single person frequenting one night stands and get pregnant it's science. Anyway, I try not to be bitter because I hope to have my day in the spotlight soon but I often go home and cry after certain triggers. I hope we all get bfps soon.
bem8489
by Brandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Exactly. My best friend got pregnant with her son from a one night stand. She considered abortion but changed her mind and hes now 1.5 years old. A few months ago her and her boyfriend started trying and got pregnant the first month.. they split a couple weeks laster and now shes planning to abort. I know its her choice but i cant help but feel bitter towards her..

Quoting Khooks: I am with you! When you have been trying for as long as we all have it is impossible not to come across those types regularly. I'm only 24 so on my Facebook people from high school are having babies all over the place, many from nights out drinking, it's definitely hard. The worst to me is when people throw around the gods timing ect., to me there is an element of science. When you have a health problem it effects fertility or what ever you are battling just like cancer or diabetes and at the same time if you are some single person frequenting one night stands and get pregnant it's science. Anyway, I try not to be bitter because I hope to have my day in the spotlight soon but I often go home and cry after certain triggers. I hope we all get bfps soon.

Khooks
by Jessica on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Going thru that with my best friend too. She got pregnant on a one night stand after breaking up with her bf and took the morning after pill and STILL managed to keep a healthy baby... And she was going to get an abortion but decided last minute not to because the guy said he wanted to stay together. They already got into one argument and she had the nerve to say she didn't want the baby if they weren't together. Wtf a baby is not a pawn for a man. Not to mention she quit her nice university and is living with her parents. -___- I love her and still try to stay involved but she's so ignorant. Literally her biggest concern is stretch marks and weight gain.

Quoting bem8489:

Exactly. My best friend got pregnant with her son from a one night stand. She considered abortion but changed her mind and hes now 1.5 years old. A few months ago her and her boyfriend started trying and got pregnant the first month.. they split a couple weeks laster and now shes planning to abort. I know its her choice but i cant help but feel bitter towards her..

Quoting Khooks: I am with you! When you have been trying for as long as we all have it is impossible not to come across those types regularly. I'm only 24 so on my Facebook people from high school are having babies all over the place, many from nights out drinking, it's definitely hard. The worst to me is when people throw around the gods timing ect., to me there is an element of science. When you have a health problem it effects fertility or what ever you are battling just like cancer or diabetes and at the same time if you are some single person frequenting one night stands and get pregnant it's science. Anyway, I try not to be bitter because I hope to have my day in the spotlight soon but I often go home and cry after certain triggers. I hope we all get bfps soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)