• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can you test at 6dpo?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM
  • 17 Replies
Just wondering because I been cramping all day strong af type cramps I will be 6dpo tomorrow and would love to know if we finally did it thanks
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe implantation. I'm wouldn't start testing till 8dpo. But that's still early. But I've gotten a line at 8dpo befoe
ARClay
by Alyssa on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Well technically yes you can but it might not be positive. I hope the cramping you're feeling is a baby snuggling in, but if it is it could take a few days to show up positive. So if you're ok knowing it will likely be a negative then go ahead. But (and this is me being a hypocrite) it's best to wait as long as possible to try and avoid having to squint to see if you see a line or just an indent.
PomskyLove
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok thanks I might just wait a few more days if I can

Quoting ARClay: Well technically yes you can but it might not be positive. I hope the cramping you're feeling is a baby snuggling in, but if it is it could take a few days to show up positive. So if you're ok knowing it will likely be a negative then go ahead. But (and this is me being a hypocrite) it's best to wait as long as possible to try and avoid having to squint to see if you see a line or just an indent.
PomskyLove
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Thanks I might just wait a few days then

Quoting Dannimarie418: Maybe implantation. I'm wouldn't start testing till 8dpo. But that's still early. But I've gotten a line at 8dpo befoe
huntersmoma21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in the waiting game too... Making me crazy! I'm 12 dpo tomorrow and am 85% sure I'll get a bfp. Just very nervous for a bfn with that last 15%. This is our first month ttc. Good luck... Keep busy.
one-more
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Can you ladies tell me what some of the abbreviations stand for? I'm not up to date on them! Thanks
TtcBabyFno2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Big Fat Positive=BFP
Big Fat Negative=BFN
Days Past Ovulation=DPO

Quoting one-more: Can you ladies tell me what some of the abbreviations stand for? I'm not up to date on them! Thanks
breemom88
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

More than likely, it wouldn't show on a test that early. I started testing at 9dpo and will test every few days. GL momma...hopefully you get your BFP soon! Waiting is sooo hard.

one-more
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Thank you so much! So saying that my doctor gave me about 1 1/2 weeks window to ovulate. How do I know which day exactly that I've ovulated? Could it have been Tuesday when I was cramping moody all while having hot flashes?
Arjpc
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Most likely implantation. Implantation usually occurs after 6dpo. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)