• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking a small break (possibly TMI)

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM
  • 2 Replies

So after over a year of trying, we have to take a break for a few months. It's been a difficult past two weeks.

Last week we found out my husband has a very low sperm count. I made a post about the recently. Here is the link. We happened to get the results of the analysis back the same day I was scheduled to have a colposcopy done. I had an abnormal pap smear about 5 years ago that I also needed a colposcopy for. They discovered I had HPV but said it would go away on it's own. So I figured no big deal. I had a few years of normal pap smears. My most recent one came back abnormal again but I wasn't too concerned because the problem had fixed itself before.

Well this time it turns out it won't go away on it's own. I have higher grade abnormal cells and they have to be removed. They have to cut out a part of my cervix. Luckily, they are only taking a small piece because we are still planning on having kids. It's also in the beginning of the cervix which makes it easier than if it were deeper.

Because of these issues, we won't be able to make a decent effort for at least two months. We also have to figure out the problem with my husband so we can tackle that. I think I'm mainly just venting because it has been a lot to take in within the past week or two. I'm frustrated and let down. I just keep thinking it was supposed to be easier than this. And I'm worried.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
silentdreamer
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Bump
.sp4rkl3z.
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM
I'm so sorry. Good luck, I hope surgery and recovery is fast and easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)