• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Metformin

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

My doctor put me on metformin to help me ovulate and also help with my weight loss.. How many of you ladies have been on it and it helped you concieve??

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamatink7
by Franceska on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM

yes, been on metformin (up to 1500mg per day now) since february. i have had 2 times that we both swore we would have our BFP but not yet. (most side effects mimic pregnancy ONCE med kicks in with your body). it has taken severnal months after she raised my dosage to finally kick in my body. im doing great with it, once side effects from meds kick in that means that it is working. your body may be different but generally 3x a day would work better than smaller dose. i take metformin and prenatals with clomid (3 cycles so far) 

good luck

florallove92
by Group Admin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I'm on Metformin as well :) 1500mg a day (500mg 3x a day). We are pretty positive that it is what helped me conceive. If so, it was within the first month and a half that I got pregnant. I m/c'd though. But trying again soon :) Good luck!

shopper4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quick question about Metformin. Do you start taking it day 1 of your cycle or after clomid? What is it used for? I may ask my RE if she thinks it may help. I have a scheduled iui and trigger shot this month.
bem8489
by Brandy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM

There is no specific CD. My doctor gave me the metformin and provera to start my period she said to start them both the same day.. metformin gets taken every day

hmccord
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:19 PM
It def helped me! 1500 mg a day, it didn't do much for me as far as weight loss goes, but my understanding is if you follow low carb, it will help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)