Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some temping experts advice

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have recently started temping/charting again and I am trying to conclude my results.  I had LH Surge on July 22 and 23 and had my temp spike looks like 23.  Then it went back down a little...sooo...question is...I thought most women ovulate AFTER LH Surge not during...and so am I an early ovulator and ovulate quickly or what?

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Yiggle09
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:29 PM
According to fertility friend you will have a consistent raised temperature for at least 3 days which is how you confirm ovulation
shep0517
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:29 PM
This is why temping confuses me...it went up but didn't stay the exact same and it wast up by much.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I would suggest putting your temps on fertility friend, I dont like this chart LOL. You have to have 6 temps prior to your temp rise for it to give you cross hairs. And your temps have to stay elevated above the coverline for 3 days before a dip in order to confirm O. It looks like its possible that you Od.

shep0517
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I'll try that fertility friend.  I think I ovulated the day of my first surge reading...I think I surged in the night and maybe the LH hormone just stays elevated through ovulation for me or something...Possibly?  I am going to keep track and show my doctor.

kimd03
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I like fertilityfriend also, but looking at this chart I say 'if' you O'd then it was the 22nd. GL and FX

tryingfor7
by Amber on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:35 PM
I would guess 24th. FF is so much better!:)
shep0517
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Quoting kimd03:

I like fertilityfriend also, but looking at this chart I say 'if' you O'd then it was the 22nd. GL and FX

shep0517
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I tend to agree...the 22nd...Fertility friend doesn't though...it says the 15th day of my cycle which is the 24th...but I spiked on temp on the 2nd day of LH surge...so I wonder if I ovulate very quickly...going to keep tracking this for a couple of months and then try another IUI.  This temp tracking doesn't help me with trying to actually conceive considering we are using a donor and have to order and receive vials prior to or right at ovulation...not after ovulation which is supposedly when temp spikes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)