Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long after a loss did you ttc?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 14 Replies

I am not talking like tomorrow but I definietly want to try again I just had my 5th loss in 10 years, I do have some living children, I am VERY Thankful for that so please no hate (i had a lot of hate on a previous site) I just had my son at 14 weeks gestation and I still don't know the caus eof his passing, I haven't lost a child that far along before. I typically miscarry at 5-6 weeks (for the record I don't consider my son a miscarriage) How soon after a loss did you start trying again?

Step mom to 1, Bio mom to 4 one of which who already grew his wings, TTC soon.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karaklett
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM
I've only had a loss at 5 weeks. We took 1 cycle off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I don't know, my only loss was of a child who lived for 3 weeks and died to infections after being born at 24 weeks. his twin's still alive.

I decided that i'd let nature take it's course and if we got pregnant, we got pregnant... but i'm still pumping for the baby who's still in the hospital, he was so premature that he will be there for weeks after his due-date, so i'm not sure what to say.

I figure I'll actively start TTC after christmas, which would make him about 8-9 months old from birth.

heatherfoutch
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM
We waited 2years
lillybug222
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. We waited until I had two normal cycles before TTC again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I waited about 6 months. I really needed to heal, emotionally. Then, one cycle later, I got my rainbow baby. :-)

ZOMBEHH
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I was due 3/30/11 with my first baby, had my first sonogram 8/7/10 and  lost the baby 8/10/10.

I ended up to start trying again on 8/19/10 on Bobby's daughter birthday and we had to go for blood work twice to make sure the levels were going up not done to confirm a new pregnancy and not left over horomones.

I ended up due 5/26/11 with my now 3 year old daughter but I had complication with her pregnancy like bedrest at 25 weeks pregnant because the fluid was low around her and being dilated a pen tip. He had already bailed and was no help during the scary parts of pregnancy. I was young dumb and madly in love with the person he lead me to believe he was.

My son was due 2/21/14 but was born and died 10/18/2013. He wasn't planned. We weren't trying and Louis stop using the pull out method. We had found out we were pregnant on our first year anniversary. My current SO Louis wanted to wait  a year before trying again but around the 7th month mark in may we began trying again but had no luck so far. I decided to focus on losing weight and eating healthy and increasing my excerise because that what I was focused on when our son LJ magically happened and take a break from actively trying.

florallove92
by Group Admin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM

We were told to wait 2 cycles by my ob

Peterrabbit
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Happy to see your still on the site. You have got to be one ofthe most memorable people on here.

Quoting kajira:

I don't know, my only loss was of a child who lived for 3 weeks and died to infections after being born at 24 weeks. his twin's still alive.

I decided that i'd let nature take it's course and if we got pregnant, we got pregnant... but i'm still pumping for the baby who's still in the hospital, he was so premature that he will be there for weeks after his due-date, so i'm not sure what to say.

I figure I'll actively start TTC after christmas, which would make him about 8-9 months old from birth.

Peterrabbit
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry for your loss. In 8 years of TTC I have not been pregnant so I don't really know. I think you will know when the timing is right.
Peterrabbit
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Sorry for your loss. In 8 years of TTC I have not been pregnant so I don't really know. I think you will know when the timing is right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)