Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suggestions Please

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hello evryone,i am ladyhopkins .im new to this but i have my tubes tied with clamps on them.i thought by now they would of came loose nd i could get pregnant but no.i am pass the age 35,i dont want to get them untied but i was thinking about ivf wat do youll think.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think those are made to come off by themselves. I know it happens. As far as IVF goes, it would be way cheaper to get your tubes undone. It cost $10,000-$25,000(depending on where you go) for just the IVF procedure and another $4,000-$8,000 for meds and also tons of testing and you will also have to pay for anesthesia to be put to sleep for egg removal, if you pick to keep the leftover embryos you will have to pay a yearly fee for them to be stored and I am sure more fees that I cant think of. I have been through 3 and will be doing my 4th one of the days and I do not recommend it if you can avoid it. Much cheaper and a lot less stressful to get your tubes untied.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You are also looking at daily shots(in the stomach) and possibly the butt cheek if you get put on progesterone shots, ultrasounds and blood withdraws daily with IVF.

MrsCissel2011
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Wouldn't your tubes need to be untied for egg retrieval?

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:00 PM

They put you to sleep and take a long needle and go into the ovaries and remove the eggs.

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

Wouldn't your tubes need to be untied for egg retrieval?

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I very much agree with this.

Quoting hypnautica:

I dont think those are made to come off by themselves. I know it happens. As far as IVF goes, it would be way cheaper to get your tubes undone. It cost $10,000-$25,000(depending on where you go) for just the IVF procedure and another $4,000-$8,000 for meds and also tons of testing and you will also have to pay for anesthesia to be put to sleep for egg removal, if you pick to keep the leftover embryos you will have to pay a yearly fee for them to be stored and I am sure more fees that I cant think of. I have been through 3 and will be doing my 4th one of the days and I do not recommend it if you can avoid it. Much cheaper and a lot less stressful to get your tubes untied.

tluvsd2
by TONI on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM
WHAT SHE SAID BUT I DO WANT TO WISH U LUCK !:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)