Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ttc

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hello I'm new to this website I had a few concerns and need advice.
I've recently lost my child in February I had him at 24wks after I gave birth I started taking depo. I only had two shots im due for my 3rd shot on August 15th but I'm not going to take it. I want to start ttc . since I've been on depo I have my period like every two with very light flow sometimes it last a week or two. I am now on my cycle. And due for my shot in a couple weeks is it possible to get pregnant after having a period right before you miss your shot ?
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

MrsCissel2011
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:41 PM

BUMP!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I don't know for sure, but I'd think it possible.  I don't know how the shot works with your fertility exactly - I don't know how important the shot timing is and how quickly your fertility will return (I would think it'd be faster since you've only had 2 shots).

I am sorry for your loss. :(  I hope you get your BFP quickly & have a healthy, easy pregnancy & birth!

tluvsd2
by TONI on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:49 PM
WELCOME AND HUGS SWEETY IM SOSO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS:( I DO HOPE YOU GET YOUR BFP SOON SWEETY
Yiggle09
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Welcome! according to http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/birth-control-depo-provera

.3 percent of people have become pregnant while still on depo

Can I Become Pregnant After I Stop Using Depo-Provera?

With Depo-Provera, you could become pregnant as soon as three to four months after your last shot. However, it may take some women up to a year or two to conceive after they stop using this type of birth control. This time frame seems unrelated to how long you had been using Depo-Provera.

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)