Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know the situation you're in is stressful if you think being pregnant with multiples would be nice so you can quit

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm president of the local library board & we are in the midst of a very stressful, controversial situation with the regional library system & the city & county.

On Wednesday, I was in a meeting with the city manager & library director & the VP on the board.  During the discussion, I was remembering the O pains I had on Saturday and thought "boy would it be nice to find out I'm pregnant with twins. No one would expect me to continue as president (or even on the board) if I'm having twins."

(People would likely understand if I resigned even if pregnant w 1 baby but I've served on the board while I had my two boys - and I know I could handle being president of the board if I had 1 baby.)

I should note that I'd welcome multiples no matter what.  It just may be even more welcome right now. lol

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JennasMom2
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Aww, I hope you get your BFP!! And twins or multiples. lol :)

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Thanks!

Quoting JennasMom2:

Aww, I hope you get your BFP!! And twins or multiples. lol :)

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM

lol Ive said the same thing. If my IVF allowed me to get pregnant with twins, I would be done :)

mamatink7
by Franceska on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:42 PM

we have been saying for quite awhile--when we get our BFP he getting snipped. we are heading to RE;  getting injections & IUI now. fx and praying for all our miracles

ARClay
by Alyssa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Amen! Last week I had four follicles 14mm and up a couple days before my IUI and I keep thinking if I have two or more babies as a result I would be happy but also done lol.
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:02 PM
I don't know that my life is stressful, but ivf is a pain in the butt, both figuratively and literally. I went in declaring I wanted a singleton pregnancy...but as we started with the process and with all the crazy emotional roller coaster, I wished for twins. I feel a lot of people going through infertility feel this way, despite the risk of multiples. You just don't want to go through the process again!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)