Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Issue with due date I thought this group might know

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:50 PM
  • 19 Replies

My first day of my LMP was 6/1/2014. i got a positive test on 7/2/2014. I went to the doctor today 7/30/2014, because I thought I was 8weeks 3days but the ultrasound showed me at 6weeks 3 days. She said she saw the heartbeat but couldn't see the baby in the yolk sak. I know that it's not possible that I got a positive on 7/2 and am only 6weeks pregnant. Any ideas as to why?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wright77
by Shelley on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Is your Dr.going by date of conception/ovulation or LMP ? If its conception then 6w3d would be right on with your ovulation .
ladyraven16
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:09 PM
She did an ultrasound today and the yolk sack measured 6w 3d but I got a positive on 7/2 so I would have to be at the very least 7w right? I got digital positives at that LOL. My ovulation would have been around the 14th of June.
EllesMomma7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Maybe implanted late? When I went to my 8w ultrasound the baby was only measuring 6 weeks. I'm 39w4d now.
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:59 AM
My guess would be late implantation.
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:04 AM
How long are your cycles? According to my LMP, my due date would be FEB 23, but I have a longer cycle and after a U/S, my due date was determined to be March 3. I already knew that going in, but they had to go off the LMP until they could date it with the ultrasound.

It crazy how much of a difference the cycle length can make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tia_23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:54 AM
If u have long cycles you couldve ovulated late. I am 29 weeks pregnant. I have long cycles. I ovulated jan 21. And if i had went by My period i would have been 2 weeks further along. I see it being very possible that you are in fact 6 weeks and 3 days. Hope u have a healthy pregnancy.
mss119
by Maggie on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:35 AM
It could be late ovulation/late implantation. If you got a positive test for weeks ago, then the numbers seem a bit off, but it's also not abnormal to measure off by a few days in early pregnancy, ultrasound is not that exact of a science. I'm not saying that accounts for the whole two week discrepancy, but if say baby measured 4 days behind what it actually is, then you're only 10 days behind what your expected due date was. Hopefully that makes sense, and I'm hoping for a good outcome for you! Heartbeat is a good thing!
ladyraven16
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:42 AM
My cycles are about 26-27 days. I'm bf right now though so that could be off by a few days. I just had a baby in Feb and got my period back in May. I got one in May, one in June, I was supposed to have another around June 28th. When I was late I decided to wait to test because I am bf full time. When I was 4 days late, which I've never been, I decided to test and bam, 2 positive digitals in the middle of the day only waiting an hour between taking them lol. Since I got the positive on 7/2 my midwife says the very latest I conceived would have been 6/17 which would make me more than 6w. I hope my tilted uterus just hid the little baby. Or maybe I'm pregnant with a girl this time and that's why its different LOL. Idk I'm just gonna try not to worry.
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I went for my scan at 6+3 but measured 5+4 and didn't see anything but the yolk... with my dates of testing it didn't make sense either... plus I'm spotting.. Anyways.. I have a tilted uterus as well and did a ton of reading.. came across a lot of women who measured 1-2 weeks behind because of the tilted uterus.. the u/s can't pick up the measurements correctly because of the angle... I'm passing this is the case for me as well and totally makes sense since I measured 5 days behind with our son and 6 days behind with our dd.. and it sounds promising that's the case for u since u saw a heart beat!

Quoting ladyraven16: My cycles are about 26-27 days. I'm bf right now though so that could be off by a few days. I just had a baby in Feb and got my period back in May. I got one in May, one in June, I was supposed to have another around June 28th. When I was late I decided to wait to test because I am bf full time. When I was 4 days late, which I've never been, I decided to test and bam, 2 positive digitals in the middle of the day only waiting an hour between taking them lol. Since I got the positive on 7/2 my midwife says the very latest I conceived would have been 6/17 which would make me more than 6w. I hope my tilted uterus just hid the little baby. Or maybe I'm pregnant with a girl this time and that's why its different LOL. Idk I'm just gonna try not to worry.
DevonD83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:22 AM

It could be a slow grower, what was the heart rate.. I hope everything is ok

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)