Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

staying fit while ttc

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hey ladies :)

So I just wanted some input on how to stay fit while ttc. Is it safe? I know every case is different but realistically when can your ob clear you? I lost 45 pounds after having my daughter and I became what my family calls me a 'gym freak' lol i had to cut back though cause I was working out way too much that I missed my period for a whole month from it (I never knew that was possible) anyway aside from it being ok to work out, I lose all motivation once I'm pregnant lol & I start letting my cravings take over :( I promised myself that wouldn't happen this time though and I'd like to only gain about 15 pounds when I get pregnant again..maybe even see a nutritionist. Any tips on healthy eating or safe workouts would be greatly appreciated :)
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LovingMomma1202
by Frannie on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Check out YouTube "walk away the pounds" or look for pregnancy ones.. I use a shake called visalus.. Safe before during and after pregnancy.. Love these to death it has saved my life. I can now walk 7 miles without hurting and have lost 50 lbs..
kaykay61713
by Shelby on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Eat for quality not quantity. Lots of fruits and veggies. Lean meats. I am pregnant and my doctor told me that I was ok to keep my exercise routine the same for now. I jog two miles a night. I try to do as little floor activities as possible like sit ups and such because later in pregnancy its not reccomended to do activities like that. I do squats and lounges. Wall sits are awesome! I use weights that strap on to my wrists or I hold when I jog or walk. I like using them all day but with a young dd its hard. I wouldnt be doing anything like cross fit unless my body was already used to doing it but my obgyn told me as long as I was doing the routine before I was pregnant I was fine to keep doing it for now. Until he gives me a red flag im going to keep trucking along!
mamatink7
by Franceska on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Can't help much cause I'm on restrictions & have to do more dairy and protein. I wish I could lose a bunch as I'm a walking maniac but dr orders. I would talk to ur dr to find out substitution for what you usually do.
Fx w baby dust
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)