Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I am ovulating/fertile 7 days before my next period. WHAT!?!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:19 AM
  • 9 Replies
I am fertile I don't understand how? Period is due in 7 days 10 at the most. My last period was July 19th-23rd it was weird but still a period. The beginning of July I was fertile had a lot of sex with dh. Thought I'd finally get prego but didn't as I had 3 neg tests July 18th,19th & 20th(cycle day 24,25 & 26). Which was time enough to know on a home pregnancy test. Back to now...boobs hurt, abdominal cramping mostly right sided and middle.and lots and lots of wet,slippery clear CM. I don't understand how this is possible because I'm normally dry as a bone before my period.
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsCissel2011
by Amber on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:25 AM
I am very confused. You said you were fertile at the beginning of July and then had a period. You never mentioned being fertile again. You O after your period which means one of 2 things you are Oing late for some reason or you have a LP defect. 7-10dats is not long enough for an egg to implant and put off enough HCG to let your body know you're pregnant. Another question how do you know when you Ovulate? Cm for me means nothing when I ovulate our cycles aren't text book. Are you temping or using opks?
MrsCissel2011
by Amber on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:31 AM
And actually re reading you post... your dates do not add up. You will be exactly 2 weeks out from your lmp Wednesday. .. this is why you are ovulating. Unless your cycles are like super short. You're still 14 days at the earliest from your next period.
ajnreidsmama
by Jess on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:57 AM

You are probably ovulating a little later than usual. You are only on CD 18(ish) so it is entirely possible to be ovulating right now.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Ok...why do you think your fertile? Just based on the CM? Its possible your Oing later, which would push AF back. Or it could be signs of AF on the way (I have gotten that before AF in the past) Do you use Opks? If so I would try one. Bed just incase. And consider charting if you dont catch the egg this cycle. FX and good luck hun!

MarriedMyPrince
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:45 AM
June 25th-28th was my period. June 30th-July 8th was my fertile period. Sometime in there I ovulated. A ton of sex. July 19th-23rd had a strange lightish/medium period. Along with 3 negative tests. July 25th - Aug 1st would have been my normal fertile period. But I didn't notice much CM, just had right sided cramping for two days. My boobs didn't hurt either. No sex drive.. As I normally have when I am fertile. No unprotected sex. But now I am 7-10 days away from my expected period. Very slippery, high sex drive,boobs hurt & cramping. My cycles are off short or late about 4 days every month. Some are 22 day cycles some are as long as 27. The last 4 months it's been 24-26 day cycle. This is the 1st time I've ever been fertile this late. Can't make a baby in that amount of time?๐Ÿ™€

Quoting MrsCissel2011: And actually re reading you post... your dates do not add up. You will be exactly 2 weeks out from your lmp Wednesday. .. this is why you are ovulating. Unless your cycles are like super short. You're still 14 days at the earliest from your next period.
MarriedMyPrince
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM
I am always dry a week before my period. Right sided cramping that's not PMS cramps. They are to sharp and I get them when I am fertile. High sex drive & lots of clear CM. Never know when I ovulate just know the fertile signs. I thought I just went through my fertile phase from July 25th- Aug 1st. That's when I normally would have gone through it.but no sex drive,no CM,No hurt boobs, only thing I had during that time was right sided cramps for 2 days. Nothing more. No sex. I don't chart. And I took a opk this morning. I am fertile. Idk why? This late because my cycles are anywhere from 22-27 days long. The last 4 Months have been 24 day cycles.

Quoting NoraDun:

Ok...why do you think your fertile? Just based on the CM? Its possible your Oing later, which would push AF back. Or it could be signs of AF on the way (I have gotten that before AF in the past) Do you use Opks? If so I would try one. Bed just incase. And consider charting if you dont catch the egg this cycle. FX and good luck hun!

MarriedMyPrince
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Bump
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Well get your bed on!!! And hopefully your LP is a healthy range! Good Luck

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: I am always dry a week before my period. Right sided cramping that's not PMS cramps. They are to sharp and I get them when I am fertile. High sex drive & lots of clear CM. Never know when I ovulate just know the fertile signs. I thought I just went through my fertile phase from July 25th- Aug 1st. That's when I normally would have gone through it.but no sex drive,no CM,No hurt boobs, only thing I had during that time was right sided cramps for 2 days. Nothing more. No sex. I don't chart. And I took a opk this morning. I am fertile. Idk why? This late because my cycles are anywhere from 22-27 days long. The last 4 Months have been 24 day cycles.
Quoting NoraDun:

MarriedMyPrince
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Lol! We so are. Did it 2 times yesterday.๐Ÿ˜ธ thank you!

Quoting NoraDun:

Well get your bed on!!! And hopefully your LP is a healthy range! Good Luck

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: I am always dry a week before my period. Right sided cramping that's not PMS cramps. They are to sharp and I get them when I am fertile. High sex drive & lots of clear CM. Never know when I ovulate just know the fertile signs. I thought I just went through my fertile phase from July 25th- Aug 1st. That's when I normally would have gone through it.but no sex drive,no CM,No hurt boobs, only thing I had during that time was right sided cramps for 2 days. Nothing more. No sex. I don't chart. And I took a opk this morning. I am fertile. Idk why? This late because my cycles are anywhere from 22-27 days long. The last 4 Months have been 24 day cycles.

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN