Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Should I skip this month or give it a shot?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:47 PM
  • 18 Replies
I can start either clomid 100,150 or femara Tom. Hubs had low sperm at his test 6.9 mil. He started fertility blend a few weeks ago. The clomid question is should I just do 100 since I Od twice on that dose? We did 150 before we knew about his sperms. Thanks !
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
If you O on the dose, raising it can make you hyperstimulate , I believe. My RE says she's seen that one time in her years of practicing. I Oed 4 times in 50mg and got pregnant the first 2 times but miscarried. This month we did 100mg and I should O this weekend. Lol she was weary about raising it but she told me because I was raising my risk of twins and all the other normal clomid risks. I'm rambling sorry. Worked 12 hours straight lol good luck
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Would you medicate or let the ovaries rest for a month?

Quoting Dannimarie418: If you O on the dose, raising it can make you hyperstimulate , I believe. My RE says she's seen that one time in her years of practicing. I Oed 4 times in 50mg and got pregnant the first 2 times but miscarried. This month we did 100mg and I should O this weekend. Lol she was weary about raising it but she told me because I was raising my risk of twins and all the other normal clomid risks. I'm rambling sorry. Worked 12 hours straight lol good luck
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:05 AM
1 mom liked this
how many times have you done clomid? If it's 6 or more cycles I'd switch to femara. They won't be resting anyways. lol they are always working. These meds just give them a jumpstart. Lol

Quoting VinVanMom: Would you medicate or let the ovaries rest for a month?

Quoting Dannimarie418: If you O on the dose, raising it can make you hyperstimulate , I believe. My RE says she's seen that one time in her years of practicing. I Oed 4 times in 50mg and got pregnant the first 2 times but miscarried. This month we did 100mg and I should O this weekend. Lol she was weary about raising it but she told me because I was raising my risk of twins and all the other normal clomid risks. I'm rambling sorry. Worked 12 hours straight lol good luck
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea I would go with what was working!! Although if you can do the femara it has far less risk and side effects! 

Jonnysmom75
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with doing the lowest possible dose that works for you. Good luck!
tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the 100 would be just fine since you are o'ng from it. Sine I do not take clomid here is a bump for some better advice

good luck fx'd this will be speedy for you and a bfp to come.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:35 PM
So hard to choose!

Quoting NoraDun:

Yea I would go with what was working!! Although if you can do the femara it has far less risk and side effects! 

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I've done Four cycles three worked.

Quoting Dannimarie418: how many times have you done clomid? If it's 6 or more cycles I'd switch to femara. They won't be resting anyways. lol they are always working. These meds just give them a jumpstart. Lol

Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:53 PM
If it were me id do another clomid. Because you only have 20% chance of getting pregnant each month. Didn't you get a low sperm count back? I wouldn't switch meds of you're ovulating. I'd try another round or two.

Quoting VinVanMom: I've done Four cycles three worked.

Quoting Dannimarie418: how many times have you done clomid? If it's 6 or more cycles I'd switch to femara. They won't be resting anyways. lol they are always working. These meds just give them a jumpstart. Lol

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:07 PM
That's what I'll do. Yah he was 6.9 mil

Quoting Dannimarie418: If it were me id do another clomid. Because you only have 20% chance of getting pregnant each month. Didn't you get a low sperm count back? I wouldn't switch meds of you're ovulating. I'd try another round or two.

Quoting VinVanMom: I've done Four cycles three worked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN