Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opk used for pregnancy?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
My friend said she used opk sticks and got a positive on those before she got a BFP on hpt a few days later. Anyone else ever have this or know anything about it?
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Nope, OPKS will show that you are pregnant but not until your hormones are high enough to test on an HPT. I tested at 9 dpo with a wondfo and got a light bfp but my opk was negative. At 10 dpo my opk was almost positive and I got a positive on my 88 cent test. At 11dpo I got a positive opk and a positive wondfo, frer, and digi test! Opks are NOT a reliable source as they are not meant to test for pregnancy! Stick to pregnancy tests! 

MarineWife959
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Okay!! I have another totally different question for you! You always seem to have good advice and ideas about things in the ttc world so I thought I had started my period yesterday because I had pink and brown spotting on and off but then yesterday afternoon it stopped and I have had nothing since then. What could this mean? AF was due to arrive fully today!

Quoting NoraDun:

Nope, OPKS will show that you are pregnant but not until your hormones are high enough to test on an HPT. I tested at 9 dpo with a wondfo and got a light bfp but my opk was negative. At 10 dpo my opk was almost positive and I got a positive on my 88 cent test. At 11dpo I got a positive opk and a positive wondfo, frer, and digi test! Opks are NOT a reliable source as they are not meant to test for pregnancy! Stick to pregnancy tests! 

AutumnSkies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:53 PM
I ran out of pregnancy tests and used a opk it came out very positive af showed up on time the next day so I wouldn't go by a opk :-)
AutumnSkies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Have you taken any tests before AF?

Quoting MarineWife959: Okay!! I have another totally different question for you! You always seem to have good advice and ideas about things in the ttc world so I thought I had started my period yesterday because I had pink and brown spotting on and off but then yesterday afternoon it stopped and I have had nothing since then. What could this mean? AF was due to arrive fully today!

Quoting NoraDun:

MarineWife959
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Yes and they have all been negative! I called my dr and she said if AF hasn't arrived by Tuesday they will order a blood work up but I wanted to see if this had happened before to anyone because I usually start my period and it is consistent for 6-7 days and then stops.

Quoting AutumnSkies: Have you taken any tests before AF?

Quoting MarineWife959: Okay!! I have another totally different question for you! You always seem to have good advice and ideas about things in the ttc world so I thought I had started my period yesterday because I had pink and brown spotting on and off but then yesterday afternoon it stopped and I have had nothing since then. What could this mean? AF was due to arrive fully today!

Quoting NoraDun:

AutumnSkies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Could be af starting off weird or maybe implantation bleeding good luck keep us posted

Quoting MarineWife959: Yes and they have all been negative! I called my dr and she said if AF hasn't arrived by Tuesday they will order a blood work up but I wanted to see if this had happened before to anyone because I usually start my period and it is consistent for 6-7 days and then stops.

Quoting NoraDun:

MarineWife959
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay I just never had AF start like this! Was kinda curious thanks!

Quoting AutumnSkies: Could be af starting off weird or maybe implantation bleeding good luck keep us posted

Quoting MarineWife959: Yes and they have all been negative! I called my dr and she said if AF hasn't arrived by Tuesday they will order a blood work up but I wanted to see if this had happened before to anyone because I usually start my period and it is consistent for 6-7 days and then stops.

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)