Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about prenatal vitamins?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM
  • 11 Replies
This may be a silly question, but I have noticed on this forum that when someone asks for options to help them conceive, before trying a fertility drug, a lot of you recommend a prenatal vitamin. Does a prenatal help you to O or is it just to make sure your body has what it needs to carry a baby? Or a lil of both? What are other things to help you O, aside from fertility drugs?
Just curious, might try some of these methods in a few months. :)
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM
As far as I know, prenatals don't help you get pregnant but gets your body ready for pregnancy. I have heard fertility blend can help you ovulate, but also read that it can mess up your cycle if you are regular...so I'm not sure. Hopefully the other ladies will have some suggestions.
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:32 PM
The prenatals are hit to make sure your body has what it needs. It's also good to ensure you have a good folic acid amount. They always made me sick tho so I took kids chewable vitamins.

I've heard there are herbs, teas that can aid in fertility.
tluvsd2
by TONI on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
THE PRENATALS HELP TO GET YOUR BODY READY FOR A PREGNANCY I TAKE A PRESCRIPTION FROM MY OB BUT THRS SO MANY GOOD ONES OUT THR IT'S ALL ABOUT YOUR FOLATE GOOD LUCK TO U SWEETY
DavonnaC
by Davonna on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Have you tried the gummy ones? I like mine from walmart :) and they are easier on your stomach. 

Quoting lilmama8408: The prenatals are hit to make sure your body has what it needs. It's also good to ensure you have a good folic acid amount. They always made me sick tho so I took kids chewable vitamins. I've heard there are herbs, teas that can aid in fertility.

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah when I'm pregnant the strong vitamins just don't mix. Doc said I'm fine with the kid ones

Quoting DavonnaC:

Have you tried the gummy ones? I like mine from walmart :) and they are easier on your stomach. 

Quoting lilmama8408: The prenatals are hit to make sure your body has what it needs. It's also good to ensure you have a good folic acid amount. They always made me sick tho so I took kids chewable vitamins.

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Yeah when I'm pregnant the strong vitamins just don't mix. Doc said I'm fine with the kid ones

Quoting DavonnaC:

Quoting lilmama8408: The prenatals are hit to make sure your body has what it needs. It's also good to ensure you have a good folic acid amount. They always made me sick tho so I took kids chewable vitamins.

mrs.joseph1010
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a bit of a crunchy, healthy lady.  But, these are my favorite prenatals: http://www.thevitamincode.com/formulas/multivitaminformulas/rawprenatal/tabid/1821/default.aspx

I also ordered the fertility kit and the pregnancy preparation kit from this site to help increase my fertility and prepare my body for a squishy little baby: http://www.naturalfertilityshop.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwsJyfBRC729Oy5Pf26ekBEiQAYtd9QUnaY9jDxeIHilI9kK2InKKIwgj2MySS2tnAyucvqnwaAjww8P8HAQ

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Vitamins can be miracle drugs for some. Women don't realize that all it takes is having a vitamin deficiency and they can have trouble conceiving. Making sure that your getting plenty of Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, etc. Vitamin D is a big one. 

Vitamin deficiency during pregnancy is a big deal to. Your body will postpone delivery if you are dhydrated or low on specific vitamins that are needed. 

So making sure you have a balanced diet along with a vitamin is key! 

Stephkapp
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Great answer! That was what I was getting at with my question. I kind of worded it wrong by asking if it helps you O. What I should have said was, does it help some women to conceive? Thank you for your answer! It really explained why a lot of you recommend the prenatal while TTC, aside from the fact of just making sure your body has what it needs to support the baby when you do become pregnant.

Quoting NoraDun:

Vitamins can be miracle drugs for some. Women don't realize that all it takes is having a vitamin deficiency and they can have trouble conceiving. Making sure that your getting plenty of Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, etc. Vitamin D is a big one. 

Vitamin deficiency during pregnancy is a big deal to. Your body will postpone delivery if you are dhydrated or low on specific vitamins that are needed. 

So making sure you have a balanced diet along with a vitamin is key! 

bem8489
by Brandy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:35 AM

I have been taking a prenatal for a couple months now (i got mine at walmart) and i can see a HUGE difference in my body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)