Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh. What is going on?! Please help!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm currently on CD 40. This whole cycle has been completely weird for me. From the week of ovulation through now I've been having waves of different symptoms every week- cramping, nausea, headaches, more frequent urination, fatigue, mood swings, overly emotional. About 10-11 dpo I had some pretty bad cramping, a tugging sensation around my uterus and quite a bit of discharge like globs of mucous (and a tiny tiny dot of brown)- that lasted for about 2 days. About a week ago I had some breast tenderness and my nipples seemed really tender, it reminded me of how they felt breastfeeding so I squeezed the nipple (out of curiosity) and got a discharge. I thought about it and ended up calling my dr. She had me come in and said based on my symptoms she thought either it was a very early pregnancy, she thought I may have just been implanting or it could of been hormones and an impending period. She wasn't concerned with the nipple discharge. She told me to wait 5 days and take a test, if it was negative she would do a blood test because she said HCG levels sometimes can rise really slowly and it can take a while for a HPT to catch it. Well, it's been a week, no period and I got a BFN on Friday (which I'll be honest, SHOCKED me! I had a super strong intuition I was pregnant). I haven't had the blood test because I feel like I would have gotten a positive if I was pregnant -and I've had on and off cramping so I thought I would wait to see if I was getting my period. Well, I haven't. Yesterday I felt fatigued ALL day. Today I've had waves of nausea and indigestion. I went into the grocery store and thought I was going to vomit. Ugh. So, here is my question, I understand that all these symptoms could be fluctuation of hormones, but is cramping this frequently in a cycle normal? I hardly get cramps when I have my period so it's just odd to me. Sometimes I will have cramps for a few hours around ovulation and a few hours before or on my first day of my period, but thats it. I've had cramps (moderate in intensity) at least 5 times this cycle and I keep thinking it's my period. I wonder what all that weird discharge was about 10-11 dpo and just wondering why I have all these symptoms but no period and no BFP? I'm probably going to call the dr. again tomorrow but just curious if any of you ladies have any insight? Thanks for taking the time to read this!! :) 

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jaxonsmommy2007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM
I would go in for a blood test and see what ypur dr says.
JennasMom2
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I think I'm going to go in tomorrow at least for confirmation of the negatives. I'm going to see if they can check all my levels to see if maybe my levels are just off? It's just been a weird month! 

Quoting Jaxonsmommy2007: I would go in for a blood test and see what ypur dr says.

JennasMom2
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:15 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)