Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby movements/flutters...?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm 12w1d today, and feeling flutters in my lower stomach once in a while, but my DF has been trying to feel movements but I don't remember when I started to feel it with my DD... has anyone felt anything besides flutters? If so, how far were you and how did it feel to you?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Yea! Bby started bubbles around then. More n more the next wks. Im nw 24/25 wks. And course hes a mover! :)
bem8489
by Brandy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Started like popcorn around 12 weeks. Got stronger around 14-15 weeks.

I know you usually cant feel movements on the outside (meaning others feel it) until your past 20 weeks

Audrey2013
by Audrey on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Yeah I'm 12 weeks now and I feel it at night mostly when I lay down. Its cool but can't wait to feel it more
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I swore I felt something at 11 weeks - like you explain little flutters. But I can't be sure that it is not gas or an artery pulsating. I also heard that if you have been pregnant before, you are more likely to recognize the baby moving earlier. This is my first pregnancy so I can't be sure, but I decided to believe it is the baby that I am feeling.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

MrsA0625
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:16 AM
I didn't really feel anything until sometime into the 20-something weeks. But my placenta is in the front so I was later. I'm not 27w3d and for a couple weeks now I've felt her moving like crazy and so has my husband. She's VERY active, kicking me as we speak.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I was 21 weeks with my first and DH felt it that same day.

I'm 13 weeks now and still nothing.

HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I was 20+ weeks with my first and this pregnancy I was 14 weeks when I started to feel the flutters and i've been feeling strong kicks since 16 weeks but DH still can't feel them. I'm pretty sure you aren't able to feel them from the outside until around 20 weeks(with another persons hand I mean).

arkansasmama08
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM
I felt movement with this one at 9 weeks. Dh felt him around 18 weeks. I'm 30 weeks now and we all feel him😊. Dh can be sitting with his arm around me and will feel a kick in his side sometimes lol
hoping_for_more
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I felt him crazy early this time- like 11 wks! Flutters and bubbles I guess is how I would describe it. with DS I didn't until 19 weeks. And I'm now 23w2d and DH just felt him for the first time last night.
tryingfor7
by Amber on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM
2nd+ mommies usually feel things sooner. I guess bc we know what to look for and our bodies are like "yeah I've done this before" seems everything comes sooner after that first baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)