Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone here ttc after nexplanon?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:31 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hubby and I were ttc for a few months but we decided to take a break so I had a nexplanon put in my arm for 6 months. I had it removed 3 weeks ago but have had no pregnancy symptoms or signs of my period. Is anyone else here ttc after nexplanon? It took 2 months to get my period previously. So frusterating. Is this typical?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Smorton64
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:55 AM
I had it when it was still called implanon over 3 years ago. I got it removed about 8 months before our wedding so everything would go back to "normal" by then and we could start trying. Well things got back to normal way faster than that, and about 2 or 3 months later I was pregnant. Everything I had read said it could take up to a year to be able to conceive, but apparently not with her.

But when I got off Mirena that's a whole other story, it took almost 2 years!

Good luck!
4ever_a_memory
by Casey on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:07 AM
I had the Implanon as well I had it in for 1 1/2 years it took 3 months after removal to get my period back and after 2 years of ttc no luck other then I have had 2 chemical pregnancies.
ajnreidsmama
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:03 AM

I don't have any experience with this, but heres a bump so you can possibly get more responses!

tiffanydenise
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I had the Implanon removed in Dec 2012 after having it for 2 years. AF came in Jan. 2013 but I have yet to conceive. 

mo18
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM
i had mines in for 10 months had it removed jan. 21 of this year didnt have a period until march and fell pregnant in june.
thePBandJmom
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Thanks! I think the nexplanon is the same thing as implanon they just make them visable on an xray now. Good thing to! My midwife couldn't find it at first so she almost sent me over to the hospital for an xray. She thought she felt it and cut into my arm but then couldn't find it. After she dug for it for awhile she was starting to think it wasn't in there, lol. But we did find it in another spot and she eventually got it out. Took like 30 minutes of digging around in my arm though. The holes are just now finally closed up.

Quoting Smorton64: I had it when it was still called implanon over 3 years ago. I got it removed about 8 months before our wedding so everything would go back to "normal" by then and we could start trying. Well things got back to normal way faster than that, and about 2 or 3 months later I was pregnant. Everything I had read said it could take up to a year to be able to conceive, but apparently not with her. But when I got off Mirena that's a whole other story, it took almost 2 years! Good luck!

Smorton64
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Geeze!! That's crazy! I never had any problems with mine, and I'll probably get it again after this baby.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

Thanks! I think the nexplanon is the same thing as implanon they just make them visable on an xray now. Good thing to! My midwife couldn't find it at first so she almost sent me over to the hospital for an xray. She thought she felt it and cut into my arm but then couldn't find it. After she dug for it for awhile she was starting to think it wasn't in there, lol. But we did find it in another spot and she eventually got it out. Took like 30 minutes of digging around in my arm though. The holes are just now finally closed up.

Quoting Smorton64: I had it when it was still called implanon over 3 years ago. I got it removed about 8 months before our wedding so everything would go back to "normal" by then and we could start trying. Well things got back to normal way faster than that, and about 2 or 3 months later I was pregnant. Everything I had read said it could take up to a year to be able to conceive, but apparently not with her.

But when I got off Mirena that's a whole other story, it took almost 2 years!

Good luck!

thePBandJmom
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I loved mine! I am considering getting a tubal but if not I will get another one to.

Quoting Smorton64: Geeze!! That's crazy! I never had any problems with mine, and I'll probably get it again after this baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)