Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Non-Prescription Fertility Supplements?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am pretty sure that this is not our month and that is okay.  I want to start using some OTC non-prescription fertility supplements.  What have you ladies used or are using?  How effective were they and where can you purchase them?

Currently, I am only taking a womens multivitamin.  I just want to do what I can to increase my fertility.  

Thanks Ladies!!

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JennasMom2
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM

BUMP!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I would suggest trying a Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 supplement. I also suggest staying away from things like vitex and fertility blend. Soy was helpful for me when used similarly to clomid. Good Luck hun

Jaxonsmommy2007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:40 AM
So would I take the D and b12 daily? What about the soy?

Thanks!

Quoting NoraDun:

I would suggest trying a Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 supplement. I also suggest staying away from things like vitex and fertility blend. Soy was helpful for me when used similarly to clomid. Good Luck hun

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM
I use maca root , dong quai , evening primrose oil and vitex . They have helped me alot when it comes to regulating my period.
Khooks
by Jessica on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I use evening primerose 3x a day before O, then after O I use all natural progesterone cream, which I love and swear by, all month I take a prenatal vitamin, vitamin C and baby asprin. I'm out of D and B complex. Do you have any idea what the problem could be? That would realllllly help decide what to take. There are so many great herbal remedies for all different fertility issues it's just finding the one for you. For me it was progesterone.
ajnreidsmama
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I was going to recommend soy isoflavones as well.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Yep, the soy is only taking 5 days 3-7 or 5-9. But it should not be used if you O on your own regularly. Evening Primrose Oil is great from cd 1 until you O and then should be discontinued. And Maca Root and Horny goat weed are great daily! 

Quoting Jaxonsmommy2007: So would I take the D and b12 daily? What about the soy? Thanks!
Quoting NoraDun:

Jaxonsmommy2007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Thanks Ladies!  I have a lot to research.  I have not heard about a lot of these.  Are there any side effects?  I am just looking to be healthier and hopefully TTC quicker.  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)