Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chart...High Pre O Temps...Breastfeeding...!?!?!? Edit w/ todays temp

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 13 Replies

JUST when you think you know all the basics something throws you for a loop. So I am posting my chart. Looking for any moms who regularly O and have pre-O temps in the same range as myself. I am breastfeeding which I have read normally lowers temps. So that isn't a good reason why mine are so high. Since I began temping my sleep pattern has been all over the place due to kids, being at the hospital, etc. But last night I got a full 5 hrs of sleep before I temped. And my temp was still way high compared to what is my norm. So weird!!

Ok so I temped while TTC #3 and #4 I am very familiar with it I believe. And I temp vaginally. My normal pre O temps are very low, like 96.6-96.9 My cover line is normally 97.0 But since I started temping after baby #4 my temp are SUPER high. I dont get it. It has to be hormonal right, and progesterone is what causes high temps, but unless I Od my progesterone shouldn't be elevated. I am so confused. Here is my chart, and suggestions, advice, or pesonal experience welcomed! 

Opk is getting darker. So FX A friend suggested maybe I o'd already and that explains the high temps. I am doubtful because I am getting more and more ovary twinges etc. But I wont complain if she is right. I may take a HPT in a week or so just to be safe!

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I have no clue about charting or breastfeeding lol so here is a bump :) Good luck

hypersquirrel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:33 PM
It looks like you o'd around cd9 possibly. gl :)
hypersquirrel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Cd8 i mean i hit the 9 by mistake.

Quoting hypersquirrel: It looks like you o'd around cd9 possibly. gl :)
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Thats what a friend thinks to. I think its impossible, but that would be great!! I will keeping temping and doing opks and then I will test the 20th with an HPT just incase :) 

Quoting hypersquirrel: It looks like you o'd around cd9 possibly. gl :)

mamatink7
by Franceska on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:17 PM

even though looks like o'd on OPKs, but temps dont look like it though :( 3rd day of raised temps (over baseline) to show o. sorry chicky i dont understand your chart?!? wouldnt think bfing would change temps that much, yes probably hormones. only cd that looks like o temp is cd8, but then to close to when af left to have viable eggs (ob said that to me few months ago when mine did the same

good luck and baby dust:(

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4c72de

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Thanks hun, I didn't actually have AF, I just marked a light day so that I could start a new chart. I haven't had an AF since the birth of my son 10 months ago. I know that BF doesn't surpress my ovulation based on blood work I had done. (And my temps concur since breastfeeding normally lowers tems) So I am not really sure what to think. So you think based on opks it looks like I Od?? Which day or days look positive??

Quoting mamatink7:

even though looks like o'd on OPKs, but temps dont look like it though :( 3rd day of raised temps (over baseline) to show o. sorry chicky i dont understand your chart?!? wouldnt think bfing would change temps that much, yes probably hormones. only cd that looks like o temp is cd8, but then to close to when af left to have viable eggs (ob said that to me few months ago when mine did the same

ARClay
by Alyssa on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think maybe your hormones could still be a little off due to BF and that would for sure cause your temps to be all over the place (in addition to poor sleeping habits). And maybe your temps used to be low but they can definitely change over time, and it could be that since having your last baby your temps are just higher now. I really don't know! I'm just throwing my guesses out there! Definitely keep up both the temping and OPKs!
mamatink7
by Franceska on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:55 PM
So sorry I guess thats y I was confused lol. It looks like cd8 or 9/ cd11 or 12 couldve ovulated. Could u show chart tomorrow w new temp for tomorrow? I think chances are it was 8 and 9. According to opk...you definitely ovulated!! Those dates I mentioned was when u did. Sorry if this is confusing reply but answering on phone site so can only see original message once.
Let me know what you think... baby dust your way you seem to bd perfect timing too

Quoting NoraDun:

Thanks hun, I didn't actually have AF, I just marked a light day so that I could start a new chart. I haven't had an AF since the birth of my son 10 months ago. I know that BF doesn't surpress my ovulation based on blood work I had done. (And my temps concur since breastfeeding normally lowers tems) So I am not really sure what to think. So you think based on opks it looks like I Od?? Which day or days look positive??

Quoting mamatink7:

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Yea I will update tomorrow hun! Thanks

Quoting mamatink7: So sorry I guess thats y I was confused lol. It looks like cd8 or 9/ cd11 or 12 couldve ovulated. Could u show chart tomorrow w new temp for tomorrow? I think chances are it was 8 and 9. According to opk...you definitely ovulated!! Those dates I mentioned was when u did. Sorry if this is confusing reply but answering on phone site so can only see original message once. Let me know what you think... baby dust your way you seem to bd perfect timing too
Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting mamatink7:

Mrs_Blick
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I'm still bf and my temps are low but I have had AF twice now.  I'd think maybe your sleep habits are throwing off the temps.  I know when I sleep and wake mulitple times a night, they are super wacky!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)