Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
Im a little confused and could use some advice, please! Stopped bc pills in march and im now approaching period five (post pill) April's cycle was crazy after the pill but may & june were normal on the expected day (35 day cycle) well july totally threw me... period was late four days but on expected start day I had very lit pink spotting for about three days. Day four was extremely dark and heavy, was almost certain I conceived (with spotting) but no. Why would I have two regular cycles and now this? Any advice would be so appreciated. God bless!
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Blue462
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
BC helps regulate your cycle. I was fairly regular for a long time after stopping BC but now my cycle is all over the place. How long were you on BC? We're your cycles always normal even before you started taking BC? It may take a while for your body to regulate everything after stopping. My OB told me it takes around 3 months for your body to adjust after stopping BC. Maybe longer if you were on it for a long time.
If it continues to be irregular I would talk to your OB. Mine is irregular because of endo but lots of things like diet, stress, etc. can affect it.
masco1
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I was on the pill for 4 years and prior to the pill I was always regular
Khooks
by Jessica on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Birth control dumps hormones into your body so now your body had to get used to making them on its own again. Spotting before a period may indicate low progesterone (the main hormone bc changes) so you might want to look into that.
ARClay
by Alyssa on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:24 PM
I was on bc for 8.5 years. It took me 9 months to start to get my cycles regular.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)