Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bbt chart help

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

Here is my chart. Temps have been staying nice and steady but a little drop today. Is that bad? I'm new to charting.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ARClay
by Alyssa on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM
I'm not familiar with this app, but a slight drop around 8dpo is normal.
Rachelmarsh
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Even when trying to get pregnant or normal for AF on it's way?

Quoting ARClay: I'm not familiar with this app, but a slight drop around 8dpo is normal.
ARClay
by Alyssa on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Yes, even when trying to get pregnant. It's because progesterone is what causes your temperatures to be high after ovulation in the first place. Progesterone is created by the corpus luteum, which is the follicle that released the egg. Well progesterone production peaks around 7dpo, so many women see a slight drop in temperatures around then, regardless if they are about to implant or if AF will come. Some women call this an implantation dip if they ended up pregnant that cycle but in all actuality it's really the corpus luteum reducing it's progesterone production. Now if you end up having an embryo implant, the hcg the embryo releases will tell the corpus luteum to keep producing progesterone, which will cause your temperature to go back up (hence the "implantation dip"). Hope this helps. If you want to learn a lot about temping you can go onto fertilityfriend.com, even if you don't use their chart. There is tons of good information on the site.

Quoting Rachelmarsh: Even when trying to get pregnant or normal for AF on it's way?
Quoting ARClay: I'm not familiar with this app, but a slight drop around 8dpo is normal.
Rachelmarsh
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM
That was really informative! Thank you so much!

Quoting ARClay: Yes, even when trying to get pregnant. It's because progesterone is what causes your temperatures to be high after ovulation in the first place. Progesterone is created by the corpus luteum, which is the follicle that released the egg. Well progesterone production peaks around 7dpo, so many women see a slight drop in temperatures around then, regardless if they are about to implant or if AF will come. Some women call this an implantation dip if they ended up pregnant that cycle but in all actuality it's really the corpus luteum reducing it's progesterone production. Now if you end up having an embryo implant, the hcg the embryo releases will tell the corpus luteum to keep producing progesterone, which will cause your temperature to go back up (hence the "implantation dip"). Hope this helps. If you want to learn a lot about temping you can go onto fertilityfriend.com, even if you don't use their chart. There is tons of good information on the site.

Quoting Rachelmarsh: Even when trying to get pregnant or normal for AF on it's way?
ARClay
by Alyssa on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
The best thing you can do for yourself while TTC is to become informed about how your body works! So I try to give as much info as possible. :)

Quoting Rachelmarsh: That was really informative! Thank you so much!

Quoting ARClay: Yes, even when trying to get pregnant. It's because progesterone is what causes your temperatures to be high after ovulation in the first place. Progesterone is created by the corpus luteum, which is the follicle that released the egg. Well progesterone production peaks around 7dpo, so many women see a slight drop in temperatures around then, regardless if they are about to implant or if AF will come. Some women call this an implantation dip if they ended up pregnant that cycle but in all actuality it's really the corpus luteum reducing it's progesterone production. Now if you end up having an embryo implant, the hcg the embryo releases will tell the corpus luteum to keep producing progesterone, which will cause your temperature to go back up (hence the "implantation dip"). Hope this helps. If you want to learn a lot about temping you can go onto fertilityfriend.com, even if you don't use their chart. There is tons of good information on the site.

Rachelmarsh
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Mobile Photo

Update from today. Temps are the same. No change. Used my fertility friend chart..it seems easier to read.
ARClay
by Alyssa on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes this is much easier to read! Fx your temps go back up!! Don't count yourself out yet!

Quoting Rachelmarsh:

Mobile Photo

Update from today. Temps are the same. No change. Used my fertility friend chart..it seems easier to read.
Rachelmarsh
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Mobile Photo

Updated chart...whatcha think?
tryingfor7
by Amber on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM
When is AF due?
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Dont stress over your temps during the 2ww they will rise and fall. Its common!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)