Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

positive, negatives, no period still.. need help!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am confused as to what my body is doing.

Last Saturday, I got a positive pregnancy test. The following Monday (8/4) another was negative. I took another this morning and negative again. I still have no bleeding. No cramping. Nothing at all to suggest a period is coming. I was due on Sunday 8/3.  

My periods are irregular and VERY bad. Heavy flow, cramping, migraines... just so bad, so I know it's coming before it gets here. I am almost 30 years old, never in my life have I missed a period. There have been no major changes or stressors in my life. I have had ovarian cysts before and it was crazy painful when they burst but leading up to that, I didn't know I had them. Could that be what is going on?

Anyone know what might be going on? I have no health insurance right now so I have been putting off going to the doctor, but I think I might have to suck it up and go. 

Is it still possible I had an early miscarriage? It's not a chemical pregnancy because that's just a positive result and your period comes as scheduled, right? 

I have 3 kids, so I'm pretty sure I know how pregnancy happens and how tests work and all that. I'm just stumped and a little nervous.

Thanks for reading and sorry for so long or if it seemed like I'm rambling.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM

The test you got a positive on, was it just a squinter? Its sounds like maybe you are having an anovulatory cycle. But its impossible to say. I would call your Dr and ask for a blood test and progesterone if its negative!

ConcealDontFeel
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM

It was visible. There was no mistaking it was 2 lines. I took a picture of it with my kindle and sent it to my cousin and a good friend of mine on fb and they even saw it. I mean, it was light, but clearly it was positive. 

I'm hoping I just skipped a period and the test was faulty.  I've been seeing the wondfos have been acting all wonky lately. 

Quoting NoraDun:

The test you got a positive on, was it just a squinter? Its sounds like maybe you are having an anovulatory cycle. But its impossible to say. I would call your Dr and ask for a blood test and progesterone if its negative!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Oh it was a wondfo. Ok so here are my thoughts on wondfos (I have gotten false positves on them) They are great tests. They are super cheap which makes them awesome. With the wondfo you never trust a light line. Especially if its thin. Retest with a FRER or another more dependable test to confirm. So since you retested with a different test and it was negative I would say that its probably just an off cycle. You could still of Od late. So see how it goes. Good Luck

Quoting ConcealDontFeel:

It was visible. There was no mistaking it was 2 lines. I took a picture of it with my kindle and sent it to my cousin and a good friend of mine on fb and they even saw it. I mean, it was light, but clearly it was positive. 

I'm hoping I just skipped a period and the test was faulty.  I've been seeing the wondfos have been acting all wonky lately. 

Quoting NoraDun:

baby4me86
by Roslyn on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Same thing happened to me got a pregnant and then negative and had some that didn't show up anything. You are not the only one. Hopefully I get some insurance tomorrow so I can go to the doctor to find out. Good luck hun.
Khooks
by Jessica on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with Nora, false positives do happen unfortunately and the excitement/ stress probably is delaying your period. Maybe go get a blood test then if it's negative they can write you a script to bring on af.
ConcealDontFeel
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Well we weren't actively trying for another baby, this would be #4. But I posted here since I was sure you awesome ladies might have insight on what was going on! 

I used Wondfos for all my kids and never had an off test before. My son had light lines the whole week after my missed period and I have a spunky 11 month old as proof haha. I used the Answer tests and also the Equate brand ones.

I know I'm not pregnant, but I just hate not knowing what's going on. It's odd for me to miss a period. 

Part of me is thinking that since I thought I was pregnant, my body is playing games with me.. as nuts as that sounds.

Quoting NoraDun:

Oh it was a wondfo. Ok so here are my thoughts on wondfos (I have gotten false positves on them) They are great tests. They are super cheap which makes them awesome. With the wondfo you never trust a light line. Especially if its thin. Retest with a FRER or another more dependable test to confirm. So since you retested with a different test and it was negative I would say that its probably just an off cycle. You could still of Od late. So see how it goes. Good Luck

Quoting ConcealDontFeel:

Quoting NoraDun:

ConcealDontFeel
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM

I can't afford meds I don't really need, nor a blood test right now. Also I'd rather keep this biatch away for as long as possible LOL! 

I think you guys are right though...

Quoting Khooks: I agree with Nora, false positives do happen unfortunately and the excitement/ stress probably is delaying your period. Maybe go get a blood test then if it's negative they can write you a script to bring on af.

AutumnSkies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Your period can get delayed if you trick your body into thinking your pregnant it happened to me was 2 weeks late and all neg tests AF showed up just late hope you get an answer soon
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)