Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

period 2 w late, not pregnant

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
we tried all the month of july, there were may 10 days not consecutively that we did not have intercourse on. my period was supposed to star august 8 th at the latests, pregnancy tests are all negative. we did have a wedding july 26th. and i did do a month of birthcontrol may 5 to july 3, which is when my last period was. did i skip my period or is it late? were still bedding every other day just in case, but this is getting on my nerves :/
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Sounds like an anovulatory cycle maybe. If AF is a no show in a week or so take another test then call your ob! 

kayla203
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:20 AM
im switiching insurance company's at the moment and dont hanve an ob. I really dont agree with running to the doctor for every little thing anyways bc its expensive and raises the cost of medical market. a month and a half late, all they will tell me to do is start me on birth control, which i already know anyways. So in th mean time, Im using other resources other than running to the ob. annovulatory cycle, how? I had a positive okp two days in a row in july?

Quoting NoraDun:

Sounds like an anovulatory cycle maybe. If AF is a no show in a week or so take another test then call your ob! 

Audrey2013
by Audrey on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Missing a period could be a serious thing... more than just "doing a month of bc". There's other means and could be other things.

Quoting kayla203: im switiching insurance company's at the moment and dont hanve an ob. I really dont agree with running to the doctor for every little thing anyways bc its expensive and raises the cost of medical market. a month and a half late, all they will tell me to do is start me on birth control, which i already know anyways. So in th mean time, Im using other resources other than running to the ob. annovulatory cycle, how? I had a positive okp two days in a row in july?

Quoting NoraDun:

kayla203
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:32 AM
yes I understand, but I also just had a wedding, stressful.event, so they would automatically counteract it with stress when Im prettg regular and just twll me to wait it out and start bc in september. I just dont think its worth running to the ob just yet with insurance or without

Quoting Audrey2013: Missing a period could be a serious thing... more than just "doing a month of bc". There's other means and could be other things.

Quoting kayla203: im switiching insurance company's at the moment and dont hanve an ob. I really dont agree with running to the doctor for every little thing anyways bc its expensive and raises the cost of medical market. a month and a half late, all they will tell me to do is start me on birth control, which i already know anyways. So in th mean time, Im using other resources other than running to the ob. annovulatory cycle, how? I had a positive okp two days in a row in july?

Quoting NoraDun:

Audrey2013
by Audrey on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Yes stress can cause u to be late but 2 weeks seems a little extreme to me. I've personally never known anyone to be THAT late over stress, maybe a few days

Quoting kayla203: yes I understand, but I also just had a wedding, stressful.event, so they would automatically counteract it with stress when Im prettg regular and just twll me to wait it out and start bc in september. I just dont think its worth running to the ob just yet with insurance or without

Quoting Audrey2013: Missing a period could be a serious thing... more than just "doing a month of bc". There's other means and could be other things.

Quoting NoraDun:

kayla203
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:33 AM
i guess i skipped then?

Quoting Audrey2013: Yes stress can cause u to be late but 2 weeks seems a little extreme to me. I've personally never known anyone to be THAT late over stress, maybe a few days

Quoting kayla203: yes I understand, but I also just had a wedding, stressful.event, so they would automatically counteract it with stress when Im prettg regular and just twll me to wait it out and start bc in september. I just dont think its worth running to the ob just yet with insurance or without

Quoting NoraDun:

RishawnsMom
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't jump to the worst possible conclusion. It's probably just a hormonal imbalance. Taking the birth control can throw you out of wack. If you were pregnant it would show up by now.  Just try to relax and count this month as time to get back on track. 

Khooks
by Jessica on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Just because you get a positive opk does not mean you ovulated. You may have geared up but never did. Only way to determine O is temping or doctor confirmation. It's fine that you don't want to go to the doctor, but no one on here can tell you exactly what it is. Try an herbal supplement to bring on af.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN