Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

taking a new approach need help!update!!!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

So since science seems to be failing me at the moment me and my dh have be talking about taking a herbal approach but i need alittle help i have no idea where to start i am going to talk to my Dr. tomorrow at my appointment and see what he has to say which i can see him stearing me back towards medicine so i am coming to ya'll where do i start! I do O every month and my periods a reg. but my endo is getting in the way! Help me ladys what herbal medicines vitamins would be best to start out with?

UPDATE: I went to my app yesterday and he said go for it! Herbal treatments can work wonders for some women were his exact words i got a small amount of bad news i have hemorragic cyst on my left ovary...the same one that is about to drop a 16mm follicle. I dont know if the cyst will affect ovulation or why exactly i am O'ing soooo late this month. (period was supposed to be due the 2nd of sept. but with such a late O i think it will be later than that.) i did not opk this month just because all the extra stress and worrying it causes. 

But doing lots of research so i can take the best possible course of action for my situation all of your help and advice is awesome and welcome and thank you so much for it!

by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Dietary Changes

• Eat organic, grass fed meat. Avoid processed and factory-farmed meats, because they contain growth hormones which will make the problems worse. Iron is essential, so beef must be part of the diet. Iron supplements are less safe and they are poorly absorbed.
  • Avoid refined white sugar, white flour, and white rice. The chlorination process used to bleach foods will leave some dioxin residues in the food, because dioxins are always a byproduct of chlorine. The (white) refined variants of these foods are very inflammatory. Read the ingredients and purchase "evaporated cane juice" for sugar. Use only brown rice and whole wheat flour, and do not use any carbohydrates that are not completely homemade.
  • Honey is actually an anti-inflammatory sweetener, so it too is recommended. It is the ideal sweetener whenever it is a viable option.
  • Do not use homogenized milk, ever. It is one of the most inflammatory food items available. If milk is needed, purchase non-homogenized milk from a health food store.
  • Avoid all soy products. Soy contains phytoestrogens, which are compounds that mimic estrogen in the body. They can cause major hormone instability, which will worsen the endometriosis.
  • Reduce the intake of processed foods. Virtually all of the chemical additives are highly inflammatory to the body.
  • Dioxins can also be found in municipal drinking water, because it contains chlorine. Women with endometriosis should purchase spring water, or use a Berkey water filter. A shower filter that removes chlorine is prudent, because inhaled chlorine vapors are extremely inflammatory.

Curing endometriosis is a process of providing the body with the nutrients that it needs to heal the liver, while keeping inflammation low, and flushing any toxins out of the body. For information about performing a liver cleanse, see the article about cleansing. We furthermore recommend the following supplements for endometriosis sufferers.

Supplement Suggestions

• All of the B vitamins strengthen the liver, and directly assist the body in disposing of excess estrogen.
  • Licorice is one of the most commonly used herbs in China, and it is well known for its beneficial effect on the liver.
  • Dandelion strengthens the liver and kidneys.
  • Milk thistle is renowned for strengthening the liver.
  • Selenium has been historically given to cows by farmers to prevent endometriosis. Endometriosis hinders fertility, so farmers work hard to prevent a disease that results in fewer calves. The best single source of selenium is Brazil nuts, followed by tuna, cod, and meats. It can also be purchased in supplement form.
  • Vitamin E is known to ensure that animals have healthy uterine linings, and it has been used by farmers since the 1930's. Vitamin E and selenium are believed to work together to prevent damage to cell membranes, and protect against oxidation. Do not take blood thinners like vitamin E during the menstrual period, because they will increase bleeding.
  • Due to the link between endometriosis and dioxins, it would be wise to supplement withchlorophyll. Chlorophyll can remove dioxins from the body, and it can be purchased as a liquid concentrate.
  • Folate or folic acid. Folate is necessary for the body to make heme (the iron-containing, non-protein part of hemoglobin) for the red blood cells. Too little folate can cause nutritional megoblastic anemia (large red blood cells that cannot transport oxygen well). It is known to help regulate and balance the hormones. Alcohol reduces the absorption of folic acid, and increases the kidney's excretion of it. Folic acid assists in the chelation of lead, and helps the body to properly utilize zinc. There is a strong connection between folate and the liver, because liver disease increases the loss of folate.
  • Radishes were used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to cure endometriosis, and to fix liver problems, including jaundice. It would be wise to include them in the diet.
  • Alcohol should be avoided, with the exception of an occasional glass of red wine. Greater amounts will weaken an already impaired liver.
  • Gelatin is the only common ingredient in endometriosis-related pharmaceuticals. While it is purported to be an "inactive ingredient", many sufferers have noticed that eating foods high in gelatin during the menstrual cycle is beneficial. Endometriosis sufferers finally have a bona fide health reason to eat gummy bears.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Castor Oil Transdermal Packs

At the beginning of the menstrual cycle, when the first symptoms of cramping become noticeable, a castor oil transdermal pack can dramatically reduce the severity of symptoms throughout the cycle. This is the basic procedure:

1. A wash cloth should be soaked in pure, cold-pressed castor oil that is obtained from a health food store.
  2. The wash cloth should be placed on bare skin on the lower stomach.
  3. Put a piece of plastic on top of the cloth, such as a plastic grocery bag.
  4. Place a hot water bottle on top of that. The water should be made as hot as possible, so long as the patient can tolerate it.
  5. Leave this in place for at least 30 minutes.

The above procedure can also be done repeatedly during the cycle to provide relief. However one treatment is usually enough to provide massive relief. Women should use only dioxin-free, unchlorinated feminine products, especially tampons. Consuming Brazil nuts is ideal, because they contain folate, selenium, and magnesium, which have all been shown to reduce menstrual cramps.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM

There are lots of suggestions you can google hun. I would highly suggest Vitamin D supplement as well! Good Luck

teaandcookies
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I say go on vaccay for a month, and get fricking blitzed.  I had 9 miscarriages, then my son, 2 more miscarriages and then my daughter.  

hypersquirrel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Prenatal vitamins if you aren't already taking them. evening primrose oil. maca. vitex/fertilitea/chasteberry. wild yam. organic foods ( non organic foods have loads of pesticides in them and those pesticides have bad effects on the fertilty of men and women). Royal jelly and bee propalis. castor oil packs. Bee pollen. avoid caffiene. red raspberry leaf. these are some commonly used natural things for conception and fertility. gl.
Lmscott
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:44 AM

sounds like a good time to me! lol but where to vacation to?

Quoting teaandcookies:

I say go on vaccay for a month, and get fricking blitzed.  I had 9 miscarriages, then my son, 2 more miscarriages and then my daughter.  

Yiggle09
by Adrienne on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I used ferilaid maca root and vitamin d calcium and magnesium. I have a know vitamin d deficiency from my dr blood tests though.  I know accupuncture isnt for every one but it makes me super relaxed and its known to help with inflamation in the body.

Yiggle09
by Adrienne on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Also a low dose asprin to help with tubal inflamation

teaandcookies
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:53 PM

depends on if you like to snuggle, go on a artic cruise.  If you like to lay on the beach, belize.  My bf just went to india, to learn yoga in an ashram.  Well she got preggers there.

Quoting Lmscott:

sounds like a good time to me! lol but where to vacation to?

Quoting teaandcookies:

Ma2Liam
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM
This has some good info.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/endometriosis
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN