Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

TTC after loss.

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:13 PM
  • 20 Replies

Today I just finished my first AF post miscarriage (it happened last month). My fiance and I talked and we are ready to try again.

I'm very nervous about it happening again, but he made a good point by saying "what if it was to happened a third time? or more? Don't let it discourage you, it's out of your control".

How were you feeling when you started to TTC again? Nervous? Excited?

I'm obviously very nervous, but I am also looking forward to it.  

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
H4RL3YQU1N
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM

I was told to wait a  year after my first loss.

I didn't and had complication with my daughter.

My daughter is happy and healthy 3 year old now but had a late loss almost a year ago.

We aren't actively trying or preventing at the moment.

My advice would be to wait.

Aw...do ya hear that? My Puddin's laughing!

florallove92
by Kailey on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:31 AM

So sorry for your losses!

My obgyn had recommended two cycles, so we are debating if we want to wait the extra one or not as I had bled for almost a month before this cycle started. If we don't try this time, I'm hoping cycle 2 comes on track/time! 

Quoting H4RL3YQU1N:

I was told to wait a  year after my first loss.

I didn't and had complication with my daughter.

My daughter is happy and healthy 3 year old now but had a late loss almost a year ago.

We aren't actively trying or preventing at the moment.

My advice would be to wait.

mss119
by Maggie on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:26 AM
I felt the same- excited but scared - when we started again. It's a completely normal feeling, and expect some nerves/fear once you do get pregnant. That's normal too. I had four miscarriages between October and April, then conceived this baby during my may cycle. Once you've learned a pregnancy doesn't always result in a living baby, you approach it a bit differently. It took me until almost my second trimester to really start believing this pregnancy will last.
Khooks
by Jessica on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
There is no research to suggest waiting does anything. In fact couples were less likely to have complications if they got pregnant again within six months than couples who waited. So don't let that scare you. I just had my second af, we did try last cycle but timing didn't go well. I think we are ready to give it our all this cycle and sure I'm terrified of another m/c but I can't let fear control me. Hope you get your BFP :)
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:02 AM
The first was an early loss and we decided to try again right away. I was nervous, but after looking into it it's unfortunately so common for us to lose at least on pregnancy early like that, most of us never know. We were pregnant again within 5 months :)

Unfortunately that baby girl made it to 23 weeks when I lost that pregnacy. She had two complex heat defects. So trying again after her was a lot scarier, but doctors kept assuring us that what she had wasn't anything WE did and that we CAN have healthy children because we have one already. We decided to start trying a few months later and caught the egg the first try! We have a beautiful, HEALTHY 7 week old boy ;)

So sorry for your loss, but if you want a baby you will and can have one if you just try. Sending lots of baby dust to you !
baby4me86
by Roslyn on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:11 AM
I am a little nervous and scared to get pregnant again. This was my first normal cycle since my miscarriage in may. Even though I do want to get pregnant so badly I'm gonna try my best to get pregnant but also take my time with it. That's one thing I learn from my miscarriage is being patient. Which is hard for me but I do that when I drive. Cause I am not patient at times but I learn if I am patient what I'm looking for a spot will open up for me. I know 2 different things.
gchorses4life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a very late loss with my daughter. I lost her at 37 weeks last year. after I had 1 cycle we ended up pregnant the following month. I had no complications and I have a healthy 6 month old daughter now. I felt scared and nervous but thats normal feelings for anyone with a loss. we are now ttc again and I feel the same way. good luck :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Pukity
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Good,  that's attitude, try, iif you really want it, try. Good luck and a lot of baby dust for you.

florallove92
by Kailey on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I'm so sorry for your losses! Congratulations on your current pregnancy. I feel like the mix of being excited and nervous will be with me throughout the entire pregnancy. How have you been feeling now that you're this far? Do you feel a bit more relaxed?

Quoting mss119: I felt the same- excited but scared - when we started again. It's a completely normal feeling, and expect some nerves/fear once you do get pregnant. That's normal too. I had four miscarriages between October and April, then conceived this baby during my may cycle. Once you've learned a pregnancy doesn't always result in a living baby, you approach it a bit differently. It took me until almost my second trimester to really start believing this pregnancy will last.

florallove92
by Kailey on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Yes, I agree! I've read a lot about how common it is to have a miscarriage, I really had no idea. My obgyn also talked to me when I saw her last about how it's really common too.

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how you felt :( But I am so happy to hear you have your healthy baby boy! I admire your strength to be able to try again! 

Thank you for your kind words!!

Quoting sjenkins8208: The first was an early loss and we decided to try again right away. I was nervous, but after looking into it it's unfortunately so common for us to lose at least on pregnancy early like that, most of us never know. We were pregnant again within 5 months :) Unfortunately that baby girl made it to 23 weeks when I lost that pregnacy. She had two complex heat defects. So trying again after her was a lot scarier, but doctors kept assuring us that what she had wasn't anything WE did and that we CAN have healthy children because we have one already. We decided to start trying a few months later and caught the egg the first try! We have a beautiful, HEALTHY 7 week old boy ;) So sorry for your loss, but if you want a baby you will and can have one if you just try. Sending lots of baby dust to you !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN