Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Anyone have - blood type?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 4:17 AM
  • 23 Replies
Hi,
I just miscarried June 27th, 2014. I found out then that I'm O- and Chris is O+. I had to have a shot called rhogam that I'll have to have again. Id just like to hear some uplifting stories of getting pregnant after a miscarriage.

Thanks,
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
destiny3513
by Destiny on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:19 AM
No, I don't but my sister has o-. She hasn't tried to get pregnant yet but I hope all goes well for both of you. I'm pretty sure the shot helps a great deal from what I've heard.
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I'm O - and has rhogam after my d&c. I got pregnant after my first period after my d&c but it was a chemical miscarriage cause my uterus lining was too thin. But my mom is the same blood type and had me and my brother after 3 miscarriages. They also gave her rhogam. Did they explain to you why it's necessary? If not it's cause if our baby has another blood type, our blood will fight against babies blood! Which is why they give the rhogam.
MrsO2013
by Nan on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:12 AM
I have a son who is 4 years old and I am currently trying for my second. I have a o- blood type the reason they give the rhogam shot is to protect you or the baby in the event that blood types are different and mix during delivery.
The blood type of supposed to make it a but more difficult to get pregnant because your blood fights off germs
AutumnSkies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:18 AM
I am O- and have to get the shot too

We are ttc baby #2 and have a almost 7yr old
MrsO2013
by Nan on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Did they give you the shot while trying or once you get pregnant?

Quoting AutumnSkies: I am O- and have to get the shot too

AutumnSkies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:25 AM
After I was pregnant but can't remember how far along when I got them its been forever

Quoting MrsO2013: Did they give you the shot while trying or once you get pregnant?

MrsO2013
by Nan on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok cool yea I think the first shot is after 5 weeks, was just making sure my doctor was accurate when saying they don't give them out before pregnancy

Quoting AutumnSkies: After I was pregnant but can't remember how far along when I got them its been forever

Quoting MrsO2013: Did they give you the shot while trying or once you get pregnant?

Lollypeg9896
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I have Rh - blood type but DH does also, we have the exact same blood type so I've never needed Rhogam with any of my losses.
florallove92
by Kailey on Aug. 31, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I have O- blood. I had a miscarriage but the hospital was going to give me the shot because they thought I was just spotting. Turns out I was miscarrying. My obgyn said she doesn't worry about it until the patient is around 25 weeks along. GL :)

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I'm B-   :(      My grandpas were both negatives. My parents I think are both positive. Lucky me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN