Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anatomy Rescan *update*

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

Has anyone had to do this?

I had my growth/gender ultrasound yesterday, and just got a call from the Dr stating that they want me to come back in (I go tomorrow) for an anatomy rescan. I guess they couldn't see everything? Has anyone had this? Should I be worried at all? I didn't have this with my DD at all.

*update*

Got a call this morning that they're cancelling my appointment today because the Dr wants it for 3 weeks from the day of my original ultrasound. Not sure the reasoning, but I guess I have no choice.

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SBF124
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Sometimes the ultrasound tech just didn't get all of the pictures they needed. Either the baby wasn't cooperating or they forgot something. I wouldn't worry. If they thought anything was wrong they would have had to tell you when they called.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Try not to stress! I know, easier said than done. I'll bet baby was in a position that made it hard to get a certain measurement.
Audrey2013
by Audrey on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Ok that makes sense. He was being difficult, took almost 10 minutes just to confirm boy!

Is there anything I can do/drink/eat to get him going prior so he's not so stubborn?

Careeka22
by Caitlin on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I had to do this too with my 2nd, she was being super stubborn and just wouldn't move for the heart scans. I wouldn't be concerned. Try drinking something sweet like orange juice to get him moving.

SBF124
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Yes, orange juice will help. I have had friends who have had to go back multiple times to find out the gender or to get all of the anatomy. I had to go back because my ds has a marker for DS. They told me over the phone when they called.. If that's what it was, they would have told you. Try not to stress :)

bby4lydia
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 7:06 AM
When i had my scan it took twice as long as it should've. My daughter was turning in a position where they couldn't see her other kidney and something else. Sometimes babies dont corporate
MrsA0625
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I actually walked out of my ultrasound and went to the waiting room for my next appointment and the tech came and got me because he forgot a picture so he had to have me go back in. It happens. No need to worry.
Khooks
by Jessica on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM
It seems like more than a bad picture if they want to wait 3 weeks. I would be calling to speak with the doctor for details.
MrsA0625
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Don't let people freak you out. Everything is probably just fine. If it were anything bad they wouldn't make you wait 3 weeks.
Khooks
by Jessica on Sep. 25, 2014 at 12:25 AM
I'm not trying to "freak you out," all I am saying is, as a patient, you have a right to know the reasoning so you don't have to go three weeks worrying. It's probably something precautionary to make sure he's continuing to develop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)