Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

provera, endometrial biopsy, cysts

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM
  • 2 Replies

Mobile Photo

Well yesterday went to ob to review my genetic blood work and ultrasound. Well gentic a were clear. I don't have any clotting disorders or anything like that. But both ovaries show I have pcos which I knew. Plus I'm anovulatory and don't have periods often. I've been on provera for a month now. My ultrasound showed my lining was still extremely thick even after bleeding for 60 days. I started my period Friday sept 19th. Anyways they decided endometrial biopsy to see if I have precancerous cells or full blown cancer. Super scary. And next monday have to go get blood work for testosterone and to see if I'm insulin resistant if I am she will put me on metformin on top of provera. So I'm on provera for next 3 months. Waiting on biopsy results and blood work results. Today went for my thyroid appointment and she put me on meds finally. And I told her about my night sweats and how I'm super hot just sitting on couch even if it's cold in apt so she said could be sign of tb or cancer. So got my tb shot and I go back Thursday for them to read it. Just super saddening. I'm completely out of ttc for rest of yr. Just heartbreaking another yr goes by. But on fun side I got a hair cut lol and I'm in love. It was at middle of back and now it above shoulders. Trying to stay positive that no cancer at all. Will post pic of hair just to show how cute it is lol

NOT GOING TO LET THIS GET ME DOWN!!
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:05 PM

so sorry your going through so much.. i have pcos and im on metfomin because im insulin resistant.. if everything comes back normal and ok how come you have to give up ttc for the rest of the year?

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM

I am sorry hun, hope it all turns out ok! Endometrial Cancer is a big risk with PCOS and lack of periods. Its a fear of mine and my Drs biggest concern for me :( Keep us posted! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)