Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unusual cycles

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:27 AM
  • 6 Replies
After I had my son in 2013, ive had normal cycles, however, this past couple of months have been weird! I didn't have a cycle in August or September, I had an extremely light one from October 5-7 & for a couple of days after that, I had clots but only when I peed. I've taken multiple pregnancy tests & they're all negative =( is it possible to get multiple false negatives or should I not get my hopes up??
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
florallove92
by Group Admin on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:06 AM

False negatives are possible. Have you been to your obgyn or dr for a check up/blood work? Good luck :)

XJTrixie
by Suzi on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I agree with Flora.  I'd get in touch with obgyn.  Good luck

lisasbentley
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I don't have insurance so it's kinda hard, I have some program where I have 1 visit a year, suppksed to be my annual check up I guess so I just didn't want to waste it!
Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
You can go to any urgent care or planned parenthood without insurance. You will pay out of pocket but they can order a blood test so you will know one way or the other. If you suspect you might be pregnant you need to see a Dr, it's not a waste of an appointment.

Quoting lisasbentley: I don't have insurance so it's kinda hard, I have some program where I have 1 visit a year, suppksed to be my annual check up I guess so I just didn't want to waste it!
Yellow_Lileigh
by Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
False negatives are certainly possible but they are a lot more rare than false positives. I went through several months where I didn't have a period at all but kept getting negative tests. After a couple months my doc said it would be extremely unusual for me to be 2-3 months (at that point) pregnant but still not have enough HGC to show up on a urine test. So we did a blood test and it was negative as well. I still don't have an answer for why I didn't have a period for so long. I went in for my annual and everything was normal.

Do you have any other symptoms besides lack of menstruation?
lisasbentley
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
I have clots, major stomach cramps, frequent headaches, dizzy spells & urinating a lot more frequently

Quoting Yellow_Lileigh: False negatives are certainly possible but they are a lot more rare than false positives. I went through several months where I didn't have a period at all but kept getting negative tests. After a couple months my doc said it would be extremely unusual for me to be 2-3 months (at that point) pregnant but still not have enough HGC to show up on a urine test. So we did a blood test and it was negative as well. I still don't have an answer for why I didn't have a period for so long. I went in for my annual and everything was normal.

Do you have any other symptoms besides lack of menstruation?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)