Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

November Appointment

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
  • 1 Replies

Just needed to vent and know someone had the option of reading it.

Backstory- been married 7 (almost 8!) wonderful years, but have vaginismus, so our life in the bedroom has sucked.  It has only been this year that we have been successful in penetrating at all.  It sounds ridiculous, because it's supposed to be so natural, but I don't know if we are doing it "right enough" to consider what we are doing as really trying.  Because it hurts me, DH can't finish unless he does things... manually...almost finishes, and then enters at the last second as deep as he can.  It's not ideal.  It hurts, it is uncomfortable, and we don't know if his little swimmers are going far enough, fast enough or anything.

Anyway, this past month, based on OPKs we were dead on with our timing.  But, I only had a 10 day lutheal phase before my period showed up 3 days earlier than usual.  On day two of my period, I had the worst cramps I have ever experienced (in the middle of a rehearsal [professional oboist... try playing an instrument when you can't breath through a cramp!]), and when I stood up, I knew it was a lot.  I went to the restroom to find a clot larger than a quarter. This was Sunday, so things have calmed down in that department, but it scared me. 

Because of the short lutheal phase, I don't know why my cycle was so heavy or painful.  I've never experienced that.  

So I called and got the next available appointment (November 19) with an OBGYN to talk about this period and possibly infertility (we started being successful in January).  

I'm really frustrated and sad.  Other couples have the stress of wanting to get pregnant, but we can't even try without problems.  We can't just relax and wait for a baby... if we weren't trying for a baby, we would do other things in the bedroom that don't hurt.  It just sucks.  A lot.

Anyway, at this point, we've decided to go to this appointment, see what the costs of tests would be, and go from there.  If it will be expensive, we might decide to just use our resources to pursue an adoption.  

I have one more cycle before that visit and would find out a week before the appointment if I was pregnant.  I'm doubting it will happen (if it hasn't already happened, what would make this month any different?), but at least we are doing something now.  I hate the revolving door of "am I or not" every month and the devastation I know is coming.

Thanks for listening. 

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
XJTrixie
by Suzi on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Good luck!  I hope you are able to get some answers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)