Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very painful ovulation.

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Jen
  • 21 Replies
Anyone else have pain when ovulating? I started having a cycle when I was 12 (15 years ago) and I never ever experienced ovulation pain until after I had my first chemical pregnancy in 2012. Ever since then I've had it with every cycle.

Sometimes it's mild pain but other times it is really bad. This time is bad. I got my + OPK yesterday and had mild cramps off and on all day but it wasn't too bad. Then today I started getting pretty bad period like cramps around 10am and I've been in pain ever since. After the cramps started I had something I have never experienced before during ovulation ... rectal pressure and shooting pains in the rectal area. Basically pain inside my butt! So sorry for the graphic tmi. lol. Now that and the intense cramps are gone but I'm left with a very sore... almost like a bruised kind of feeling all across my lower abdomen but worse on the left. Every time I move it hurts. And it really hurts when I sit on the toilet to pee.
I wonder if this is something I will have to deal with forever or if it will go away eventually. It kind of sucks having a whole day ruined because if this every month.

Anyone else?
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lockedtite
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Hmmm never had this only some bad cramps breifly and then they were gone....hope you get to feeling better..maybe you should call your dr and let then know whats going on just to be on the safe side.  

Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Since the fertility meds my o pains are Stronger. But you know how painful this month is for me since I switched to Femara!
Bajanmama
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I get that exact pain but it's on my period not ovulation. Until recently I barely felt ovulation at all. But still it's never bad. That pain though. Jesus. Do you sweat too, and feel like you would faint?

StaciF
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM

ive noticed O pain to be more noticeable with each pregnancy - however, the only time ive had severe O pain I ended up with twins :)

Mom2five87
by Jen on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Yeah. Well I've never taken meds but I naturally have the tendency to hyperovulate so I wonder if the natural process of hyperovulating would cause similar effects to stimming with meds???

Quoting Dannimarie418: Since the fertility meds my o pains are Stronger. But you know how painful this month is for me since I switched to Femara!
Mom2five87
by Jen on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Ha. Me too. I had no O pain when I conceived Cam and Layla but the month I got pregnant with Devin and Aaron I had the worst O pain I had ever experienced. Until today. Today is definitely comparable!

Quoting StaciF:

ive noticed O pain to be more noticeable with each pregnancy - however, the only time ive had severe O pain I ended up with twins :)

StaciF
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

uh oh lol - can't wait for your tww results :)

Quoting Mom2five87: Ha. Me too. I had no O pain when I conceived Cam and Layla but the month I got pregnant with Devin and Aaron I had the worst O pain I had ever experienced. Until today. Today is definitely comparable!
Quoting StaciF:

2Blessed2bstres
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Its all those eggs droppin .... ;) Maybe triplets this time , my fxd for you ;p .......... hope the pain eases up for ya , I always have a painful ovulation and lord its way worse with clomid (glad i dont take it anymore). Big Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Jen on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :D

Quoting 2Blessed2bstres: Its all those eggs droppin .... ;) Maybe triplets this time , my fxd for you ;p .......... hope the pain eases up for ya , I always have a painful ovulation and lord its way worse with clomid (glad i dont take it anymore). Big Hugs
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Idk.... Maybe!

Quoting Mom2five87: Yeah. Well I've never taken meds but I naturally have the tendency to hyperovulate so I wonder if the natural process of hyperovulating would cause similar effects to stimming with meds???

Quoting Dannimarie418: Since the fertility meds my o pains are Stronger. But you know how painful this month is for me since I switched to Femara!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)