Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No criticism please

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM
  • 8 Replies
I have been ttc for almost 2 years and I'm 18. I have been with my fiance for 3 years and we have unprotected sex always but still nothing. Can anyone think of possibilities to why I can't get pregnant at 18?
By the way I'm capable of taking care of a child so is my fiance
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bajanmama
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Age is just a number hon. At 16 I wanted a baby too. I'm 38 now with 4 kids :) this is a great group of girls, they know practically everything. So it's like school in here. They can give you tips. Good luck!

kajira
by Emma on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Get the book "taking charge of your fertility"

Careeka22
by Caitlin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Read the TTC primer at the top of the page. Then go speak with your Dr. about it. There could be issues or your timing could be off.  Also please make sure you have good insurance, even with my good employer insurance it cost me 4K out of pocket to have my recent DD.

Pukity
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM

have you been checked by a Dr? have they told you if maybe you have a fertility issue or your fiance? after 2 years of unprotected sex that's weird, or just bad timing for BD, try to use ovulation predictors and keep track of your cycles so you know more exactly when you are ovulating. Good Luck :)

Rogue95
by Maggie on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Well hello there!  I am 19, married and we have been TTCing for 8 months, so no worries about judgement here!

First off, I would highly suggest charting.  Download the APP Fertility Friend, it is extremely helpful, and will allow you to better keep track of what your body is doing.  Secondly, being young as well, I understand the thought process that it should be "easy" to get pregnant, but for some us it is decidedly not easy.  In my case, through charting about 8 months ago, I discovered that what I had always thought was just bad PMS, was truly Endometriosis and PCOS taking their toll, and that I was not ovulating.  This allowed me to seek medical help, and start to address treatment options.  

In short, keep your chin up, TTC can be a long, hard road, but it is worth every step, and never forget that we are all in it together.  Out of all of the groups on Cafemom, this is the group with the most class, integrity, love and acceptance.  There are so many fantastic women on here who has responded to me, supported me, and accepted me so far, and I am sure that you will find the same thing. 

tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the Taking Charge of Your fertility book if you want it... 

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Do you have regular cycles?
My first suggestion is like the other ladies, get the book or read the tips at the top of the group
then I would start temping and using opk's to make sure I was ovulating....using opk's can give you a heads up of your fertile window...and then charting your temps will confirm that you did ovulate

If you're not ovulating it doesn't matter HOW much sex you have you can't get pregnant
GOOD LUCK!

julieobug
by Julie on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Hi honey! I compeletly agree with all the previous posters! You should talk to your doc about it and read the book or threads above and start chatting right away! Could be something as simple as timing but might be something else entirely and it's important to know if you are in dead ovulating. Good luck! And we are all here for love and support during the craziness of TTC!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)