• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ivf clinical trial

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi ladies, I just got a message from my fertility clinic about a clinical trial that is ongoing. There seems to several test sites so if you are interested check out: theivystudy.com

in the email it says that there is a one time fee for the meds but I don't know all the details.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:58 PM

The meds is free of charge and IVF is offered at a lower cost. I was hoping the IVF would have been free :(

This study is testing a new follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) treatment called AFOLIA comparing it to the US approved Gonal-f. FSH helps healthy ovaries to make eggs in women.

Each patient in this study would be participating for approximately 14 weeks per cycle, similar to the amount of time spent in a regular IVF cycle. This study requires frequent visits to the doctor’s office involving procedures such as having blood drawn, pelvic ultrasounds, self-injected medications and egg retrieval to remove eggs for embryo transfer. Each patient will receive the same medical care and oversight throughout the study. Each patient may be eligible to complete up to 3 IVF cycles.

The study drug is free of charge for all participants and the IVF procedure is offered at a lower cost than other options.

charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:18 PM
I see. I wonder how much of a discount. That doesn't sound as good of a deal than the email implied.

Quoting hypnautica:

The meds is free of charge and IVF is offered at a lower cost. I was hoping the IVF would have been free :(

This study is testing a new follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) treatment called AFOLIA comparing it to the US approved Gonal-f. FSH helps healthy ovaries to make eggs in women.

Each patient in this study would be participating for approximately 14 weeks per cycle, similar to the amount of time spent in a regular IVF cycle. This study requires frequent visits to the doctor’s office involving procedures such as having blood drawn, pelvic ultrasounds, self-injected medications and egg retrieval to remove eggs for embryo transfer. Each patient will receive the same medical care and oversight throughout the study. Each patient may be eligible to complete up to 3 IVF cycles.

The study drug is free of charge for all participants and the IVF procedure is offered at a lower cost than other options.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I sent one of the clinics an email. Hopefully they will reply back without me calling them.

charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:34 AM
Yeah, hopefully it is a significant discount.

Quoting hypnautica:

I sent one of the clinics an email. Hopefully they will reply back without me calling them.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Nov. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
$4500 for the IVF, which isn't bad.
ARClay
by Alyssa on Nov. 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM
This would be a good deal. The drug seems to be the same as Gonal-F. The only thing is the clinical trial page it says you have to be 35-42 years old.
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01687712?term=finox&rank=1
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Nov. 5, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I seen that also. That excludes a lot of us.

Quoting ARClay: This would be a good deal. The drug seems to be the same as Gonal-F. The only thing is the clinical trial page it says you have to be 35-42 years old.
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01687712?term=finox&rank=1
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)