Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preventing losses....HOW?!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM
  • 38 Replies

So I had a chemical in august...I got a BFP and then the next day af showed up
This cycle I got a BFP at 10dpo...then my hcg was only 9.1 at 14dpo so I don't have hope that this will be a sticky bean

What could be causing this?? What can I do to prevent this and stay pregnant?

I spoke with the nurse on the phone yesterday while I set up my blood draw and she said they only test for progesterone after multiple miscarriages....does that sound right?
As far as I know I've never had losses other than these two....and I had no hormone problems with my two boys

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lmallonee
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM
2 moms liked this
They should test for anything you think you should have tested! They work for you!
2callmemom09
by Ryan on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM
I'm not sure... I know my exs brothers wife had 2 miscarriages and they found out it was her blood type causing it. She's rh-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Jen on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I agree with this but unfortunately my doctors office is the same way.

Quoting Lmallonee: They should test for anything you think you should have tested! They work for you!
crazy4chapstick
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM
I think its dumb too. But thats what Ive heard from others as well.
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM

One draw isnt enough to determine a loss hun when do you go back for another?

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I know...but how on earth could I have gotten a positive almost a week ago and only be at 9 now?

I go tomorrow

Quoting NoraDun:

One draw isnt enough to determine a loss hun when do you go back for another?

Meg2011425
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM
It could be underlying thyroid issues or even blood clot issues. I have to take a baby aspirin (blood clot disorder) and I'll be taking thyroid med for under active thyroid, and progesterone supplements for low progesterone. I've had 3 miscarriages so I know what your thinking but I'm sorry I don't know what else I can do to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

thats very helpful
Actually I have been taking the low dose aspirin this cycle...I don't have a clotting disorder as far as I know but I tried it a few years ago and that was the cycle I got pregnant with my son so I gave it a shot this cycle and got pregnant as well

As for the progesterone...is that something they test for when they do the "pregnancy work up" or is it a special lab that has to be requested? How did your doctor determine that you had low progesterone?

I'm asking because if I'm losing this baby now can I be tested to see if its due to low progesterone so that I can maybe save the next baby?

Quoting Meg2011425: It could be underlying thyroid issues or even blood clot issues. I have to take a baby aspirin (blood clot disorder) and I'll be taking thyroid med for under active thyroid, and progesterone supplements for low progesterone. I've had 3 miscarriages so I know what your thinking but I'm sorry I don't know what else I can do to help.

Mhays17
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM
My doctor ran a blood test for progesterone and prolactin as soon as I expressed concern about how long we had been trying. I had to go to a lab to get it done but you can get it drawn at hospital too. The lab was covered by my insurance 100% so that is why I chose to go there.
ahend64
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:26 PM
You need to see a fertility dr. I had two kids then took me 4 years to have my 3rd. they will do alot more tests that a regular drs office won't do. some tests were covered because they said it's under cause for miscarriages and not actually trying to conceive. everything after that we paid out of pocket but totally worth it. I spent SO much on tests that it would have paid for the year at the fertility clinic lol something is obviously wrong and you need to have the right tests done. for me it was a blood clotting disorder that my regular OB didn't know anything about,low progesterone and a incompetent cervix. I was a complete mess. I had two losses after being on the right stuff. one was at 17 weeks but I lost my son because his cord was to tight around his neck and couldn't grow. but still had two more healthy boys :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)