• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: My dd may have had mild seizures today, but uncertain

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

So my dd woke up this morning fine and normal, ate her Chex cereal for breakfast and was upset crying over something about an hour after breakfast and threw up. About an hour or 2 later, she was playing normal and out of nowhere dropped to the ground, held her had and started saying that she was dizzy. This happened a second time within a 1 hour time frame. She seemed okay so we went to 3 stores, all of which she was in the shopping cart. When we got home, while walking it happened again 3 more times, she'd drop to the ground, grab her head and say she was dizzy. I called her pediatrician and got her in. No ear infection, nothing to cause concern that she's sick or that she has a virus. However, he mentioned vertigo, meningitis, and mild seizure and to keep an eye on her and give her ibuprofen. When he mentioned the seizure, he said that if that's what it is, if it's severe and she's sleeping, she may not wake up - my instant thought was, we're going to the ER... So about 2 hours later we headed to the ER. They did a blood draw and CT Scan, both came back normal. They said the blood draw was normal which indicates no infections and no on coming viruses. The CT scan shows no growths or anything in her head or on her brain. HOWEVER, if they were in fact seizures, we wouldn't know unless it was happening at that moment. They said it IS possible it's headaches and she doesn't know, therefore doesn't know how to handle it. However, now that the seizure thing has been tossed around a few times, by her pediatrician AND the ER, I'm now freaking out. They said to keep an eye on her, (which means a very light to sleepless night tonight for me), and to call her pediatrician in the morning for a referral to the neurologist, which I'm going to do whether this dizziness thing happens again or not, because I'd rather be safe.

My question is, has ANYONE on here had a child with this happen to them? I'm very worried about her, she'll be 4 in February.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:08 PM

I am sorry hun, I hope you get answrs or she begins feeling better!

lockedtite
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Im so sorry i really hope she gets to feeling better...i hope the dr gets to the bottom of her health issues.

Audrey2013
by Audrey on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Thank you. She's had so much going on lately, she doesn't need this. I'm HOPING it's just headaches and she's not understanding how to react to them, but I'm keeping an extra close eye on her. She seems "ok" and has finally fallen asleep, however when she was watching TV she kept squinting and watching out of one eye which she never does.

Quoting NoraDun:

I am sorry hun, I hope you get answrs or she begins feeling better!

Audrey2013
by Audrey on Nov. 5, 2014 at 3:23 AM
Bump
Khooks
by Jessica on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM
A friend on my Facebook has been going through something similar recently, but when she went to the ER they did an EEG, I believe, and confirmed he did have a seizure. He went to the neurologist and they did another, and showed still having seizure activity and went for a MRI yesterday and waiting for results until tomorrow. She's not saying what possibilities they said were causing though, she said she's waiting for the results.
Audrey2013
by Audrey on Nov. 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM
They didn't do an eeg on my dd, said she needed to go to neurologist for that. But the blood work and ct scan came back normal. She slept ok but just went to the bathroom and it happened again :(

Quoting Khooks: A friend on my Facebook has been going through something similar recently, but when she went to the ER they did an EEG, I believe, and confirmed he did have a seizure. He went to the neurologist and they did another, and showed still having seizure activity and went for a MRI yesterday and waiting for results until tomorrow. She's not saying what possibilities they said were causing though, she said she's waiting for the results.
ARClay
by Alyssa on Nov. 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Oh man. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. That would be so scary. I hope they figure it out and get it under control.
rainbowM0Mof2
by Ashley on Nov. 5, 2014 at 11:39 AM
She needs an eeg and neuro referral.
Audrey2013
by Audrey on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Got one scheduled for tuesday however it's 1.5 hours away and I dont think I can do that. Trying to find a closer one

Quoting rainbowM0Mof2: She needs an eeg and neuro referral.
Khooks
by Jessica on Nov. 5, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Did the er say what to do if she had another? My friends son had to go back to the er each time and they gave her some medicine to take if he had one, they said they were concerned about brain damage or lack of oxygen to the brain? I can't remember all the details but it seemed like a big deal, and if it continues I'd be really pushy at the doctors and demand them to do more. Sorry you are going through all of this :(

Quoting Audrey2013: They didn't do an eeg on my dd, said she needed to go to neurologist for that. But the blood work and ct scan came back normal. She slept ok but just went to the bathroom and it happened again :(

Quoting Khooks: A friend on my Facebook has been going through something similar recently, but when she went to the ER they did an EEG, I believe, and confirmed he did have a seizure. He went to the neurologist and they did another, and showed still having seizure activity and went for a MRI yesterday and waiting for results until tomorrow. She's not saying what possibilities they said were causing though, she said she's waiting for the results.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)