Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I out?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM
  • 6 Replies
Surprised to get a positive opk this morning. Dh is gone until tonight. So the earliest we can bd is 18 hours after the positive opk. Last bd was 4 days ago. Oh, I'm so frustrated! Positive opk was expected Wednesday! Am I out before I even ovulated?
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this

No, you aren't out.  First, 4 days before O can be just fine.  I wouldn't recommend it, but the sperm could still be hanging out waiting for that egg.  The experts usually say the sperm can live up to 5 days, I've heard examples of it being 8 days.

Second, women usually O 12-48 hours after the positive. If you do O in 12 hours, the egg will still be in the fallopian tube & the sperm can still meet up with it.  But you may be closer to the 48 hour time frame, in which case BDing tonight will have the sperm waiting for the egg.

Good luck! I hope you catch that egg!

julieobug
by Julie on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:49 AM
^^^^ what she said!!! Good luck mama and Fx'd!!!
Bajanmama
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Oh those little swimmers can stick around, momma. The slower ones that weren't rushing hell for leather to the egg will mostly be there 5, 6, 7 days down the road. So there's still hope :)

KarenM42
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Bump
KarenM42
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Bump
KarenM42
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Okay, I'm feeling better. Just realized that I was wrong about when we bd. It was 2 days ago and very early morning. So we bd only 50 hours before my positive opk. Phew. Every single month must count for me as I just turned 43. Feeling so much better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)