Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeast infection prior to BFP anyone? UPDATE

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM
  • 33 Replies
Update: So I ended up going to Wal-Mart and getting the generic version of Monistat 3. I put in the 1st suppository last night around 8:30 pm and when I went to the bathroom around 11:30 pm, it seems like the majority of it came out. Is that normal? Also, I've been having lower back pain, cramps and chills so I'm hoping and praying that it's nothing more serious.

p>Hey ladies. 

I was wondering if any of you ladies had a YI that was indicator of pregnancy prior to getting your BFP's? Last AF was 10/18 and I am usually 33-36 days apart (I have PCOS so it comes when it comes but usually regular)

I noticed on the 22nd I was getting a little uncomfortable down there and yesterday it kicked in full force. It is lessened some today though. According to my calendars AF is due either today or tomorrow. I also have sore breasts, lower back pain and a slight pressure feeling in my pelvic area but I know these are all PMS related signs as well. 

Thanks 

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I haven't I've been lucky enough never to get a yeast infection. I've heard they awful. My sister found out she was pregnant with her middle son because if a yi though.
katie23VA
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM
It depends on how common it is for you to get a YI. They can happen during pregnancy, but you can also get them prior to AF. The change in hormones is the cause for both.
Anon22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:50 AM

It's not common for me at all. I've had maybe 2 other YI in my life and they were after taking antibiotics. 

Quoting katie23VA: It depends on how common it is for you to get a YI. They can happen during pregnancy, but you can also get them prior to AF. The change in hormones is the cause for both.

Anon22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Lucky you! They seriously suck. Hmmm I think I'll wait this week out and test if I don't get AF

Quoting Chaos1229: I haven't I've been lucky enough never to get a yeast infection. I've heard they awful. My sister found out she was pregnant with her middle son because if a yi though.

pixiedust11
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM
I got one right before I got my bfp for this pregnancy. It didn't even cross my mind that it could have been a symptom hmmmm.
Anon22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Details, details, details. Please? Congrats on your bfp! How far along are you?

Quoting pixiedust11: I got one right before I got my bfp for this pregnancy. It didn't even cross my mind that it could have been a symptom hmmmm.

pixiedust11
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I'm 8 weeks. Thank you. Lol Idk! I really didn't think anything of it. It was a regular yeast I fection I got over the counter treatment and a few weeks later I got a bfp. I figured it was stress. I really didn't think the two were connected. I also got one when I was like 7 months pregnant with my last. Whenever I'm really stressed I get them.

Quoting Anon22:

Details, details, details. Please? Congrats on your bfp! How far along are you?

Quoting pixiedust11: I got one right before I got my bfp for this pregnancy. It didn't even cross my mind that it could have been a symptom hmmmm.

Fairegirl33
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I did some research on this last month... it seems that this is a early symptom for some women because of the change in hormones and such.

I very very rarely get them (maybe 2 my whole life) and had one last cycle about 4dpo.   I wondered if this was it.  Unfortunately not.

I hope it is your answer!  Good Luck!

Mamasluvin
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I agree....with two of my pregnancies I had a YI before I got a BFP...with my last pregnancy (in 2012) I had a YI almost all of my second trimester :( yuck

Quoting katie23VA: It depends on how common it is for you to get a YI. They can happen during pregnancy, but you can also get them prior to AF. The change in hormones is the cause for both.

Mom to 5...TTC #6
tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:47 AM

In Feb I did. I thought it was weird that I had  yi and constipation all at once. I was miserable. Never realized that I was late and possible pregnancy. I tried natural ways to rid both then finally went to ob and he told me pregnant but it seems that it was missed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)