• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 days of positive opk.....

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
I am on clomid day 3-7 and started getting pos opk on day 13pm then 14 15 16 and again today on cycle day 17. Any ideas on why this is? I could maybe count the 13th as neg (it is as dark but not darker than).... I dunno.

Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.  
Benjamin Disraeli

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM

A long lh surge can be a sign of PCOS - but perhaps its also caused by the Clomid.  Most women ovulate within the 12-48 hours after the first positive, though, so its quite possible you O'd already even though you're still getting the lh surge.

Is your OB monitoring your cycle?

takes_a_village
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Quoting GwenMB:

A long lh surge can be a sign of PCOS - but perhaps its also caused by the Clomid.  Most women ovulate within the 12-48 hours after the first positive, though, so its quite possible you O'd already even though you're still getting the lh surge.

Is your OB monitoring your cycle?

No he is not monitoring me. I ovulate normally but have 1 tube so this is meant to have me ovulate from both sides.... I usually ovulate on day 14 and have a 28 day cycle.

Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.  
Benjamin Disraeli

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I always have a long surge
this cycle I got a positive on CD17...I'm now on my 4th day of positives
but for me this is normal..I usually have at least 3 days of positives and I ovulate either the first or 2nd day

MeganSB
by Megan on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:17 PM
It could mean so many things, including you didn't ovulated the first few positives to a long surge. The only way to know for sure is by temping.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)