• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think it may be happening!!!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey ladies, 

Ok... so, for those who don't know (I'm a newbie), I just had my Mirena taken out on 11/10.  I had removal spotting/bleeding the day of super light and it stopped same day.  11/14 I started what I am counting as AF since it lasted for 5 days.  Last month I had my first period on 10/19 and was due to have AF 11/14-11/15 depending; I haven't had a period in MONTHS on top of MONTHS so, the fact I had one in October a few weeks before removal was like a sign to me!

ANYWAY... I am due to "O" in a couple days (11/26) and I have been so skeptical that my body may not be working normally so quickly, but I think I just had some EWCM when I wiped.  I'm HOPEFUL, but now thinking maybe its leftover sperm since we had sex this morning.  I did do the finger test, and it was thin but stretchy. Should I or should I not get my hopes up that I may O soon? I really want to get pregnant right away because we are just so excited for a new baby... opinions please?

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:18 PM

In most cases EWCM stretches and left over from Hubby's doesnt. However my Hubby's stretches. It is different thought. My EWCM doesn't break. Like it just stretches and stretches and stretches. But Hubby's stuff breaks after 3 inches or so. So its hard to say. Considering you bed this AM I would be cautiously optomistic. Also did your Dr warn you about concieving right away after removal, or did he say go for it? I ask because unfortunately after having mirena removed it has a high rate of causing infertility or unexplained MC. For some women it takes months before their body is REALLY ready to concieve.But I hope you have neither problem and get your BFP soon hun! Good Luck 

mom2royal
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Thank you! I have also heard so many things, which makes me so worried! 

My doctor said that I am fine to start right away, so hopefully we get lucky!!! My best friend got pregnant the DAY her Mirena was removed lol maybe I will get somewhat lucky and be a couple weeks behind mine

Quoting NoraDun:

In most cases EWCM stretches and left over from Hubby's doesnt. However my Hubby's stretches. It is different thought. My EWCM doesn't break. Like it just stretches and stretches and stretches. But Hubby's stuff breaks after 3 inches or so. So its hard to say. Considering you bed this AM I would be cautiously optomistic. Also did your Dr warn you about concieving right away after removal, or did he say go for it? I ask because unfortunately after having mirena removed it has a high rate of causing infertility or unexplained MC. For some women it takes months before their body is REALLY ready to concieve.But I hope you have neither problem and get your BFP soon hun! Good Luck 

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:23 PM

She was very lucky! That is great! I hope you are as well! 

Quoting mom2royal:

Thank you! I have also heard so many things, which makes me so worried! 

My doctor said that I am fine to start right away, so hopefully we get lucky!!! My best friend got pregnant the DAY her Mirena was removed lol maybe I will get somewhat lucky and be a couple weeks behind mine

Quoting NoraDun:

klandis0629
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:36 PM
I just got my nexaplon birth out on 11/11. Went to the doctor on 11/21 and she said I was going to ovulate soon because I had a ultrasound done due to I thought was a cyst nope ovulation pain and I had been taking opk's for over a week and nothing then the next day a very dark positive so it is likely for your body to go back very fast after birth control.
mom2royal
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Nice!!! Thank you for your comment, it gives me hope! Good luck to you 

Quoting klandis0629: I just got my nexaplon birth out on 11/11. Went to the doctor on 11/21 and she said I was going to ovulate soon because I had a ultrasound done due to I thought was a cyst nope ovulation pain and I had been taking opk's for over a week and nothing then the next day a very dark positive so it is likely for your body to go back very fast after birth control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)