• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st month charting... Question

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

So this is my first month charing (chart below), I'm 9dpo and temps are rising. Are your temps supposed to fall if your not pregnant? If so, what dpo does that usually happen at? Does my chart show hopes for a BFP or is this how charts normally look until af comes? I'm not too hopeful this month as due to work schedules we were only able to bd once during the fertile time. Any insight would be appreciated!
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Your temps do fall if you aren't pregnant, but its a question of when.  Some women have them fall before AF comes, sometimes they fall after AF has been here a day or two.  It can also vary cycle to cycle some, but I think most women have the same pattern.

Even just having your temp fall one day isn't a sign you aren't pregnant - it could be an implantation dip (your temp will go back up if its an implantation dip).

Your chart looks good so far, but you can't, unfortunately, know if you're pregnant from looking at your chart (unless you get 18 days of high temps - then its likely you are unless your O day is off for some reason).

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Your chart looks beautiful but keep in mind temps are only good for confirming ovulation. After that its sometimes less stressful to stop temping. Temp dips do generally happen but for some its the day before AF arrives, for some its the day AF arrived, and for other its after AF arrives. So you will just have to wait and see what happens! Good Luck hun, and hope it leads to your BFP! 

Mhays17
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Thanks ladies. Since I'm so new at this, I'm not really sure what to look for or do with these charts. I know they are used to confirm ovulation but that's pretty much the extent of what I know so far.

Does anyone else have any advise about charting or any more information that is helpful to someone starting out?
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Your chart looks great...very definate thermal shift

You should be able to test in a day or two and possibly get a BFP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)