Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it a good idea???

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM
  • 5 Replies
So 2 days ago i broke 2 ribs...in your opinion is it a good idea to keep trying while they are broken or should we take a break for 2 months until they are healed? Just wanting to know what you would do.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Thats hard...I would probably wait. Only because it could take longer, and if you got pregnant right away it could cause major discomfort as your belly grows if your body is still trying to heal. KWIM. BUt maybe ask your Dr and see what they think! I am so sorry you broke ribs, I hope you heal quickly!! 

Can I ask what happened?? 

GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I'd keep trying as soon as you're off pain meds. Even if you got pregnant today, it'd be months before your uterus gets close to your ribs.

LibraBalance
by Megan on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:36 PM
I would wait.. Morning sickness started the week iI got my positive with my son & when I had my cp. I don't want to even think how it'd feel throwing up with broken ribs :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gertrude_shea
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:14 AM
I fell in the tub and landed on the hard side 😞

Quoting NoraDun:

Thats hard...I would probably wait. Only because it could take longer, and if you got pregnant right away it could cause major discomfort as your belly grows if your body is still trying to heal. KWIM. BUt maybe ask your Dr and see what they think! I am so sorry you broke ribs, I hope you heal quickly!! 

Can I ask what happened?? 

calcalmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 4:10 AM
Let your body heal. It'll only add to your discomfort if they're still broken and you're newly preggers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)