Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OPKs...when do YOU take them?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM
  • 6 Replies

I wake up between 6a and 7a everyday. Body's natural time clock. I temp at 6a no matter what ( finally i understand temping!!). Now....im going to use OPKs this cycle and every cycle after that. Im on CD11, i tested last night, CD10, at 7p just for funsies. A 2nd line it starting to appear. So what times are the best time to take OPKs? I know your suppose to take it twice a day right? and when entering it into FF, will that mess up temping?

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
XJTrixie
by Suzi on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I never used them, but from what I understand they will just help confirm O with temping.

And from what I've read about others taking them, don't use FMU.

Other than that here's a bump and Good Luck! :)

stcy79
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:58 PM
I like to do mine like 2pm and again after dinner. It won't mess up FF. Lol nothing wrong with poas just for fun, my body is so regular i don't need opks or temping but i do it because I like seeing it in front of me, feels like control in an uncontrollable situation. Gl

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

julieobug
by Julie on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM
I usually start cd11-12 because my norm is to ovulate from cd13-15 and I just like seeing it to confirm that it's happening! I also temp too to confirm
hipmomto3
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:48 PM
My RE says to only use 2nd MU. FMU can give a false neg if you metabolized LH overnight, or false positive if it concentrated to higher thannormal levels for just that 1 sample.

However I've only ever gotten a + in the afternoon.
FaithNSweetTea
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM

i have heard to take one at 12p and another at 5p... is this good to do?

MommyBee555
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM
It might waste them if you do it 7 hrs apart. I hear LH builds throughout the day so that is why PM is better. I only got a + in the morning after I was just beginning the surge in the prior evening. Same day but at night it had already faded, so it all depends on when the surge starts. My surges were about 18-24 hours long. The wondfo line gets gradually darker.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)