Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pic! So I've never had Evaps like this...

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 17 Replies

I've been testing for aroun ten years. I have a lot of experience- never have I had Evaps except this last pregnancy but it ended up being a positive. My dr said sometimes they need to dry out a little for you to see the line. And sometimes they are Evaps. I have had 3 "evaps" in the last week. This above picture was about 2 hours after I took the test and it wasn't even 100% dry. I'm taking a first response later tonight.
I know some of you don't think it's possible but with my experience even with older tests way back when I never got Evaps and I ALWAYS keep them for like two days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy-Ro
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM
And after it had been 5 minutes after I took the test I fell asleep so this could have shown after 6 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ag421
by Aimee on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Good luck it looks promising:)
FaithNSweetTea
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
I hear a lot about evaps. I have never had any myself. I have had some serious questionable light results, all ending in a BFP.

I believe that if there IS color to it, then take it for what it is and call the Doc or wait a few days and test again.

Evaps are grey or just the indent right? It's been a long time since we were TTC. So I'm really rusty on everything.
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I totally agree
I think sometimes the tests need to "cure"
I know for a fact that my ovulation tests aren't ready at the 5 minute mark...they usually keep getting darker for about 30 min after the line first shows

And I've had this happen with pregnancy tests before....my first son I didn't see a line at all tossed it and went to bed...the next morning I checked the test and there was two lines..I retested and waited longer this time and a 2nd line showed up....faint but it was there and it got darker over about a 20 minute span

Mommy-Ro
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM
I'm hoping I can hold all day, I want to hold longer cause I can't not drink coffee and water all day. So I'm going to hold until tonight. It's 11:30 now. I'm using a first response. I'm so nervous. I've had no warning signs of AF!

Quoting kelly617:

I totally agreeI think sometimes the tests need to "cure" I know for a fact that my ovulation tests aren't ready at the 5 minute mark...they usually keep getting darker for about 30 min after the line first showsAnd I've had this happen with pregnancy tests before....my first son I didn't see a line at all tossed it and went to bed...the next morning I checked the test and there was two lines..I retested and waited longer this time and a 2nd line showed up....faint but it was there and it got darker over about a 20 minute span

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LibraBalance
by Megan on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Don't dehydate yourself! Just retest in the am with fmu that is plenty long of a hold! I know the waiting sucks, but you have to drink :)

Quoting Mommy-Ro: I'm hoping I can hold all day, I want to hold longer cause I can't not drink coffee and water all day. So I'm going to hold until tonight. It's 11:30 now. I'm using a first response. I'm so nervous. I've had no warning signs of AF!
Quoting kelly617:

I totally agreeI think sometimes the tests need to "cure" I know for a fact that my ovulation tests aren't ready at the 5 minute mark...they usually keep getting darker for about 30 min after the line first showsAnd I've had this happen with pregnancy tests before....my first son I didn't see a line at all tossed it and went to bed...the next morning I checked the test and there was two lines..I retested and waited longer this time and a 2nd line showed up....faint but it was there and it got darker over about a 20 minute span

MysticRose81
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM
You can drink just sip here and there looks promising gl

Quoting LibraBalance:

Don't dehydate yourself! Just retest in the am with fmu that is plenty long of a hold! I know the waiting sucks, but you have to drink :)

Quoting Mommy-Ro: I'm hoping I can hold all day, I want to hold longer cause I can't not drink coffee and water all day. So I'm going to hold until tonight. It's 11:30 now. I'm using a first response. I'm so nervous. I've had no warning signs of AF!
Quoting kelly617:

19greeneyesmoma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Indents or Evaps dont pull color. I see color so Id say keep testing. I think this might be a positive.

StaciF
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM
I'm the same with tests - my last "evaps" turned out to be twins and are 3 weeks old :)
BLUMENSH9
by Ashlea on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I tested this morning and I am having the SAME problem. Do you care if I post my picture to your post to see if I can get insight?

Quoting Mommy-Ro:

I've been testing for aroun ten years. I have a lot of experience- never have I had Evaps except this last pregnancy but it ended up being a positive. My dr said sometimes they need to dry out a little for you to see the line. And sometimes they are Evaps. I have had 3 "evaps" in the last week. This above picture was about 2 hours after I took the test and it wasn't even 100% dry. I'm taking a first response later tonight. I know some of you don't think it's possible but with my experience even with older tests way back when I never got Evaps and I ALWAYS keep them for like two days.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)