Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blue dye tests...is this a 2nd line or am I high as a kite?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM
  • 25 Replies

Okay I know they are evil as hell and they should be stricken from the earth...but
NoraDun did a bunch of tests yesterday after her first faint positive....and surprisingly her darkest bfp was on an equate blue test so she recommended that I grab one

And I did....and I hate them...they have plastic over the window which causes glare and the window is SO tiny its hard to tell what is going on

So I did the thing you're not supposed to do...I took it apart...and then I laid the strip on a white piece of paper to see if I could see anything...
AND I DO

But before I start losing my mind with excitement....do these tests always have a 2nd line??
Does taking it apart make it completely invalid??
I used one this morning and then the 2nd one when I got home from work (4hr hold)
And there is a very very faint line on the morning one...and a much more pronounced one on the 2nd test

does it not count because I can only see it if I hold it against white paper??

I apologize for the picture, its my crappy phone, I will take a better picture when my DH gets home with his good phone

I also had a tiny bit of pink cm when I wiped...so either implantation or af is starting (but it usually starts brown but that doesn't mean too much)

Trying to Conceive Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetktn
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Def need a better pic, and I take mine apart all the time lol

Lollypeg9896
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM
If I focus in on where the arrow is pointing I see the blue shadow but you need a way better pic lol. I have a good feeling though!!
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I know my phone is awful...I have to wait til march to upgrade...

I swear in person it is blue

So it still counts if I take it apart??

I know the digi's always have a 2nd line and those are invalid if you take them apart

Quoting Lollypeg9896: If I focus in on where the arrow is pointing I see the blue shadow but you need a way better pic lol. I have a good feeling though!!

BabyFruit Ticker

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM

I know my phone is awful...I usually don't bother but I couldn't wait 4hrs :)

Quoting sweetktn:

Def need a better pic, and I take mine apart all the time lol

BabyFruit Ticker

Mom2five87
by Jen on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I can't tell but I'll be looking for an update with the new pic!
Mommy-Ro
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I see it for sure and I don't even have my contacts in or glasses on!! Get more keep testing! Use a FRER in the am!

I take all mine apart lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
julieobug
by Julie on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I do see a blue shadow there! And o hope that the spotting isn't AF!!!!!
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I see the line!! (FYI I feel bad I told you to get a blue dye sniff sniff) Give me anothr pic ASAP!!! 

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Haha not your fault I hate them
I told tons of people that frer's were crap because I had a bad experience with my youngest...and then with my chemical they picked it up first so its a total crapshoot I swear

I just hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment
Any reason why I would have faint lines on this test only and not on any of the other tests....maybe I should take apart my 15 FRER's too lol

Quoting NoraDun:

I see the line!! (FYI I feel bad I told you to get a blue dye sniff sniff) Give me anothr pic ASAP!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM

WHich brand are you goingto retest with in the AM?

Quoting kelly617:

Haha not your fault I hate themI told tons of people that frer's were crap because I had a bad experience with my youngest...and then with my chemical they picked it up first so its a total crapshoot I swearI just hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointmentAny reason why I would have faint lines on this test only and not on any of the other tests....maybe I should take apart my 15 FRER's too lol

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)