Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4th positive opk in a row need chart help!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So this is my second month off of the pill. We changed our mind on TTC but I don't want to go back on the pill. So I just started charting to prevent pregnancy. The first positive I got was the first time I tested. So for all I know this could be longer if I had tested sooner. My chart is a little short and vague cause like I said we started half way through the cycle, but could use some help figuring out why its still positive. We want to have sex again but are waiting till ovulation is over.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Dollar store tests are very sensitive
I had a week straight of positives with them and only 3 days with another test

Because of how long they will give you a positive its hard to pinpoint exactly WHAT day is ovulation

If the sex you had was unprotected you could end up pregnant though

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM
You're supposed to stop taking them after the first positive, that's the only one that matters. A positive opk only tells you ovulation might occur (not that it will) with 12-36 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stcy79
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM
There's really not enough data on your chart to even see what's going on, if you ovulated it would probably be 12 to 24 hours after your first positive OPK. If preventing is that important I would say use a condom, good luck to you.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

realmommylife
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Thankyou ladies. Yeah we used backup those first times but we are still nervouse now to do it. I am going to chart my temps all of next cycle and try a different ovulation tests and start earlier with them. I would be perfectly ok if we had an oops. We just decided to wait cause we are trying to buy a house so it would be ideal to wait until we have somewhere bigger cause we already have 2 kids. Just me and hormonal birth control don't mix well. It caused me to gain 32 lbs in 6 months so I'm not going back on it haha. I was 158 and 154 the last day of each of my pregnancies and I'm now 170!
4ever_a_memory
by Casey on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM
There's not enough data on your chart to tell you anything on that. But I will say I had 4 days of positive the cycle I got pregnant with my daughter. Good luck
tryingfor7
by Amber on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM
DT ones are very sensitive. I don't recommend them to anyone who actually wants a baby lol
realmommylife
by on Dec. 15, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Thankyou ladies! :) what opks would you recommend at a good price?
realmommylife
by on Dec. 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Mobile Photo

Oh and here's an updated chart with a little more I for. Not super helpful, but my temps I think are kind of low judging from other charts I have seen. So who knows lol. Next cycle i will hopefully be better at this!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)