Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had a 30 week appt today... anyone else have similar to this?!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm measuring at 36-37 weeks! The past 2 ultrasounds DS has been measuring big. My ultrasound 2 weeks ago he was measuring about 3 pounds (average at that point I was told was 2-2.2 pounds). The ultrasound before that, he was measuring in the 90th percentile. Now the Dr wrote a script for me to go to the hospital and get an ultrasound through them since I'm measuring 36-37 weeks and only 30 weeks along. He has me worried a little (not stressing though, thankfully) that if DS is big, I may experience some complications or possibly go into labor early.

Has anyone else had similar at all?!

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ewunia79
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Those are highly unreliable so at that point I wouldn't worry about it. Did you have glucose test yet?
Audrey2013
by Audrey on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Yea I did that 3 weeks ago and passed fine.

Quoting ewunia79: Those are highly unreliable so at that point I wouldn't worry about it. Did you have glucose test yet?

Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Um I have a question?!? How the heck are you 30 weeks already?? Lol jk! But it seems so fast. I feel like you just got your BFP!

Anywho keep us posted on baby! Hopefully they are wrong!
sweetktn
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

My last 3 measured big but we're all fine. I did have them a little early but was still full term. Ds#2 was 7 lb 9 oz born at 38+2, ds#3 was 8lb 5oz born at 37+2 and dd was 8lb 2.5 oz born at exactly 37 weeks (induced due to preeclampsia). They will just monitor baby's growth :) don't stress, this is why they get paid the big bucks. 

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Unreliable! He may scare you into induction before baby is due or a c-section! I was measuring extremely large. Delivered a 10lbs 2 oz baby at home. So thankful I didnt have an ob. My Ob had me freaked with my 1st and 2nd that I couldnt handle an 8 lber (my other kids were 6-7 lbs) Drs can be ignorant sometimes! 

Audrey2013
by Audrey on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:05 PM

I've already said to them I'm NOT having a c-section unless there's an emergency, and unless I'm 36 weeks I'm not going to have him unless again there's an emergency, but I've just read online as well that sometimes measuring bigger and having a bigger baby can cause some complications, etc. I'm not really freaked out about it or stressed, just concerned and want to make sure I have no complications, at least none that I can have control of.

Quoting NoraDun:

Unreliable! He may scare you into induction before baby is due or a c-section! I was measuring extremely large. Delivered a 10lbs 2 oz baby at home. So thankful I didnt have an ob. My Ob had me freaked with my 1st and 2nd that I couldnt handle an 8 lber (my other kids were 6-7 lbs) Drs can be ignorant sometimes! 

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Well as long as you avoid what you mentiond below you should do fine. Avoiding the epidural will help also. Staying on your feet moving etc. The good thing about big babies is they seem to make for an easier labor/delivery often times. Most women will tell you their smaller infants hurt worse. Was that way for me, my mom etc LOL Good Luck hun! 

Quoting Audrey2013:

I've already said to them I'm NOT having a c-section unless there's an emergency, and unless I'm 36 weeks I'm not going to have him unless again there's an emergency, but I've just read online as well that sometimes measuring bigger and having a bigger baby can cause some complications, etc. I'm not really freaked out about it or stressed, just concerned and want to make sure I have no complications, at least none that I can have control of.

Quoting NoraDun:

Audrey2013
by Audrey on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Unfortunately I won't be avoiding the epidural, I don't handle pain well and the one I had with my DD wasn't working properly so I went most of my labor without one (until they finally gave me 1/2 a dose of the walking epidural) and then I was good. I also unfortunately can't walk much, LOL. I'm a MESS this pregnancy! I've already got the swelling feet and I have HORRID pelvic pains, also getting the braxton hicks so I'm limited. Sitting and laying are even hell sometimes, lol.

Quoting NoraDun:

Well as long as you avoid what you mentiond below you should do fine. Avoiding the epidural will help also. Staying on your feet moving etc. The good thing about big babies is they seem to make for an easier labor/delivery often times. Most women will tell you their smaller infants hurt worse. Was that way for me, my mom etc LOL Good Luck hun! 

Quoting Audrey2013:

Quoting NoraDun:

StormiAnn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM
My first a 7lb even baby girl tore me, recovery was awful, I was in pain and bled the entire 6 weeks, with my 2nd baby I measured big all pregnancy. At 36 wks ultrasound estimated him to be 7'1, I flipped and was practically begging my doc to induce me. She wouldn't even talk about it until 39wks, and assured me second babies are easier and I would be fine. Isaac was born at 36+9, 8lbs 6oz. So much easier recovery, no tearing, I was feeling normal/no pain after about a week, and I only bled about half the time. Amazing! All will go well for you I'm sure :)
Newmumtobe44
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:44 PM

my son was measuring Big through out my  last pregnacny mt water ended up leaking at 38 weeks 5 days was induced at 39 weeks ended in an emerg c-section and my little guy was 9lbs 5oz , trust ur body number one and inless its harmful for ur baby refuse induction and let that baby come when he or she is ready !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)