Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok a couple amateur questions

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

Is it possible to get negative hpt and still be pregnant ? Also can you get a regular period or what seems to be like a period for the first couple months and still be pregnant?

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MysticRose81
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Bump
wkukid
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people don't get positives for along time. My mom had "periods" well into her pregnancy with me. She didn't know she was pregnant for 4 months.
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM

yes and yes
Some ladies don't metabolize the HCG into their urine the same way as other's so they either get REALLY late positives or none at all on pee tests
And I spotted/bled for the entire first trimester

julieobug
by Julie on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Yes and yes with one of my 7 pregnancies I got a SUPER late BFP like 8 weeks along and my friend had a period til she was 6 months along with her first
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Yes and yes!! Its rare but possible! 

HopefulNik
by Nikki on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:56 PM
My mom or older sister wasnt able to get a positive hpt. My mom says that she had a regulat "period" from the time my older sister was born until she had a hysterectomy after my younger sister. Could it be in the genes ?

Quoting NoraDun:

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:01 PM

It could be!! Mention it to your OB and see what they think. Maybe they will agree to blood tests every 3 months or 6 months or something like that! I didnt test positive until 5 months pregnant with my 1st. I thought I was dieing of some horrible illness I had lost 50 lbs, was sick all the time. But I was just pregnant LOL

Quoting HopefulNik: My mom or older sister wasnt able to get a positive hpt. My mom says that she had a regulat "period" from the time my older sister was born until she had a hysterectomy after my younger sister. Could it be in the genes ?
Quoting NoraDun:

Pukity
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM

yes, you can get a false negative if you test too early, like 10dpo or earlier.  and with my DD I had what seemed to be a period during the first month, that I actually confused it with my period (I was so dumb and lost LOL) I found out I was pregnant at 11 weeks far along.

Good luck !

HopefulNik
by Nikki on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM

What else is confusing me is I rarely get sick and when I say rarely I mean never !!! I have worked in many day cares with all kinds of viruses and bacteria infections and not one time did I catch any of it. But since like the middle of November I had been sick I finally went to the doctor the other day and got some meds but Im still not 100% better. Im just not feeling like usual. 

Quoting NoraDun:

It could be!! Mention it to your OB and see what they think. Maybe they will agree to blood tests every 3 months or 6 months or something like that! I didnt test positive until 5 months pregnant with my 1st. I thought I was dieing of some horrible illness I had lost 50 lbs, was sick all the time. But I was just pregnant LOL

Quoting HopefulNik: My mom or older sister wasnt able to get a positive hpt. My mom says that she had a regulat "period" from the time my older sister was born until she had a hysterectomy after my younger sister. Could it be in the genes ?
Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)